Help with accessories for a dress!

kingleds

Gold Member
Help! Am off to Ascot for the day in June & need to get accessories for the dress I bought.

We are in the grandstand, so I have to wear a hat or fascinator. That's what I'm struggling with.
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...007010633945_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women~Dresses

I was thinking silver shoes & bag. I have both of these already. But can i wear a silver fascinator? Was thinking this one, as it's almost like a hat, but not remotely as expensive as a hat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Silver-Teardrop-Fascinator-Hat-Wedding-Occasion-Races-/290709930982

Thoughts people! No good at this stuff at all.

I think that would look great with silver accessories to be honest, the hat look lovely.

I love that dress as well its gorgeous. I hope you have a lovely time

donna88 said:
I prefer the first hat, but that's partly because I'm not a fan of full hats (I like them on other people but not on me) so I'm a little biased

I hate hats as well tbh, in fact, not a massive fan of putting anything on my head except a woolly Hat in the winter to keep my ears warm. It's why I'm struggling with it all

Dress is beautifull :)

Not a hat person either so would probably choose the first one.

Have a great time whatever you choose x

You will look absolutely stunning in that dressy. Yes the first one is best with silver shoes/bag.

Hope you have a fab time xx

Personally I prefer the second one. A fascinator will never be a hat and the correct dress code at a race meeting calls for a hat.

The dress is lovely, just lovely and one that I am sure you will get lots of wear out of after *the event*.

I know you are in the Grandstand and not the Royal Enclosure but this makes interesting reading...Ascot bans fascinators and minis from Royal Enclosure | News | The Week UK

I am sure that on my debut return post I will be shot down in flames.......but hey ho !!!

Have a brilliant, wonderful, fantastic day.

Thanks both! i prefer the first myself, but as Sue says, ascot really calls for a proper hat (without the proper hat price tag preferably :)) That's why I thought the second one might be a better bet. We are allowed fascinators in the grandstand, but as I don't really like putting anything on my head anyway, I was thinking that a hat might be a better bet as i can take it off easier!

The new dress code is a right pain. I have a lovely coast dress, but it's strapless so a no go even though the hem length is fine. Damn those bloody wags for ruining it for us all, :)

Have you considered hiring a hat?

I always hire. Costs around £40 usually but you'll end up with something much nicer than what you would get if you bought on the same budget. I hired this one for a wedding a couple of weeks back. This actually cost me £60 to hire, but it was worth £800!!

wedding.jpg

This was actually a fascinator but resembled a hat because of the size. It was more comfy than a full hat and I didn't end up with hat hair when I took it off Maybe you could get away with something similar given Ascot's feelings towards fascinators?

Didn't know that about hats at Ascot Sue!! Thanks for the heads up x

Looking hot Jez xxx

Check out charity shops for hats. A friend of mine needed to go to a lot of formal occasions for a year, and needed quite a few hats - but she knew that she wouldn't be wearing one again after the year was over. She used to pop into Oxfam, buy a hat for a few pounds, donate it back again the following week, and buy another one. She got a lot of hats (some of them new) for next to nothing, and Oxfam did well out of it too!

The dress is lovely & I personally prefer the hat, I think JezVonSavage idea of hiring one is brill.

BTW JezVonSavage you look amazing in the photo

You look amazing Jez. So young and lovely

I have no idea on fashion or hats, but I think the 2nd one looks spot on for the occasion. The dress is absolutely lovely - you'll look great!

Back