Help with LL joining rules, please?

daisydaisy

Hi all,

Haven't posted on the LL board before, but was hoping someone might be able to help me.

I did LL Total last year, finishing in August 4 stone lighter. I managed to maintain (even losing a bit more in the process) until Christmas, but since then my weight has gone steadily up and I cannot seem to gain control by 'normal' means, so I would like to go back to LL both to help focus the mind and to lose the stone or so that I have put back on.

So, my question is, given that I only stopped LLT six months ago, would my previous medical form still be valid? I don't think my GP would sign me off to do LLT now as I am still under BMI 30... which brings me to my second question - under LL's rules, at BMI 29 would I be able to do LLT again or would I have to do Lite?

Thanks in advance for any help... just want to be prepared before I contact my counsellor.

Hi Daisy,

Strictly speaking, you should only be able to do Lite, as you finished your Total course, maintained and are now returning to LL. However, it depends a lot on your counselor and if you're near to the line then I suggest you give her/him a call and talk it over with them.

On Lite, and someone may correct me if I'm wrong since I only officially did Total, I don't believe you actually need a medical, since you are still eating normal food. You certainly don't need the monthly checkups.

All the best.

Yes when we did lite, there is no need for a doctors note, as there is still a protein meal you are eating each day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

When I first started I was allowed to do LLT even thou my BMI was 28.9 cos my waist circumference was high. They go by either BMI or waist circumference.

Not sure what the situation is with ur medical form thou sorry x

Thanks ladies,

It sounds as if I might just get away with LLT, but I'll check with my counsellor - have arranged to see her tomorrow. Just hoping the medical form is still current; don't really want the hassle of getting signed off again but I'll just have to wait and see on that one.

Thanks again for your help.

If you're a returner you can go back onto LLT to get back to goal and wouldn't have to do LLL. You have a two year period in which your GP sign off is valid so you won't need to get that done again either.

As a returner ( and that was from over 4 years ago) my counsellor said to do LLT I didn't need to get GP sign off but I do need to get BP and pulse checked every 4 weeks as of course does everybody.
You can go to some Superdrugs stores to get the sign off but of course they charge.
I hope your counsellor was of help because of course they want you to do it.

Back