Help with my first SW menu?

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi all :) Ive decided to give SW a go as WW isnt working for me... I am going to try get to the meetings but struggle with working hours and childcare at the moment,
Im trying to set out todays men u but abit confused on a few things, wondered if anyone can help with todays menu.. :)

Its going to be a green day...

Breakfast, Banana, oats, milk, dry cherries

Dinner, egg, beans, toast, butter, cheese

Tea Chickin curry with nan bread

So this is what i THINK is how i do it lol

All breakfast is free, apart from dry cherry? milk is healthy extra
All dinner is free apart from butter, butter 2 syns? and cheese is healthy extra
Tea, Is chicken a healthy extra? Curry is a pataks sauce so i will syn this, and pilau rice is free? Also would i syn the nan bread? a garlic and coriander one? or is that free??

Any help with this would be great? thankyouu!! :)

Oh p.s.. Do you do green day, red day, green day red day etc? What works best?

I went on a vlcd earlier this year and it seems to have really messed up my metabolism so trying to kick start it

xxx

Hi Stef, love your avatar! How did you get that?!

Breakfast-First of all yes the cherries would be synned, a small 25g serving could be anything from 4 to 6 syns, depending on the brand. Yes milk is a healthy extra A, make sure you weigh out the proper healthy extra amount of it just to make sure you aren't going over! You're right everything else is free except for the oats, you get 35g porridge oats for a healthy extra B so again make sure to weight that out.

Dinner- Butter is 2 syns per level TEASPOON which is a very small amount, I personally would just leave it out because I don't think it's worth the syns! Yes cheese is a Healthy extra A so long as you weigh it out, 30g cheddar or 45g reduced fat cheddar. Again everything else is free except for toast which is a Healthy extra B, two wholemeal slices from a 400g loaf or 60g wholemeal bread from any loaf, which isn't very much.

Tea-Yes you're right the curry sauce should be synned, pilau rice unfortunately isn't free, 100g cooked is 1.5 syns, but boiled rice is free. Chicken is free on red and extra easy but not on green, so yes it's a healthy extra, but remember you only get two healthy extra Bs, and one or two healthy extra As on a green day, so you'll have to cut one out or else syn it. Nan brand is synned, unfortunately it's quite high too. A large one is 22 syns, a mini one is 8 syns.

Hope that's helped, I know it seems quite complicated at the moment but you'll soon get the hang of it. Most people find all the plans work roughly the same in terms of weightloss, but I personally prefer red days. Good luck! xx

Hi :) Thankyou for your reply! I got the avatar off myvirtualmodel, but they have started charging now, so heres another Weight Loss Simulator | Virtual Model

Right i totally got that wrong then lol i thought bread was free on green days eeek!

Thankyou for your help,will make notes of that lol xxx

stef, the batcholers savoury rice are free on green and ee too, if you want rice with a flavour, your menu sounds nice, and things like the nan bread, that's what your syns are for :)

Oh Ohhh I love savoury rice we have tht all the time!! Maybe I'll have a savoury rather than pilau then?? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back