Help with SAT FAT

cd121272

Silver Member
What do you do if you look at a packet and it does not have sat fat listed and only has the grams of fat in it. Can it still be worked out or is it a bit difficult?????

Thankyou

If it doesn't say the amount of saturated fat then you can't work it out as totally dependant on the product.

I thought they had to break down the fat into saturates ???

Which product is it and I will look it up for you on weightlossresources.

Mike

It is the Maltesers Ice Cream Bars. All it says on the box is per 45ml bar= kj 477, kcal 113, Protein 1.3g, Carbohydrate 11.3g amd Fat 7.0g if that is any help.......

Thank you

Per 100ml for that product is

Calories (kcal)

Carbohydrate (g)

Sugars (g)

Protein (g)

Fat (g)

Saturates (g)

Fibre (g)

Sodium (g)

Alcohol (g)

Fruit & Veg

Therefore in the 45ml the Saturated fat would be 4.77 grams in a standard bar.

Hope that helps

Mike

Thank you very much mike that has really helped, I now no how many points I can take off of my daily allowance.....cheers mate, thanks again....xx

Halving the fat to get the Sat Fat is indeed what WW recommend if no Sat Fat is listed - just checked in the book :jelous:

Yeah normal ice cream is usually more like 70% of it! and chocolate as well.

Weight Loss Resources is a great website for the answers, never yet found a product that isn't on there (they even list Cambridge packs!)

Mike

I used it a lot for the first 6 months after I finished the diet as a food diary and also as a guide to what really was healthy and what was merely labelled healthy!

Mike

Bethany, trace means just that it is has a trace.

That means that although they cannot say for sure there isn't a very very small amount of it in the product there is virtually none of it in the product.

Mike

If it says TRACE on the amount of fat in a product then it means the product is virtually fat free. They can't say it is actually fat free as it could have 0.1% fat in it but in real terms TRACE means not a lot.

Just realised that I did the jealous smilie instead of :) I only saw it when it was yellow and thought it was a smile!

Just realised that I did the jealous smilie instead of :) I only saw it when it was yellow and thought it was a smile!

Been there and done that too Hayley...lol...don't worry about it hun...xx

Back