Help

Cazdaspaz

Im fancying butternut squash for tea I on a green day what can I do with it? X

Just use it like potatoes, you can spray with fry light & bake in the oven either as chunks or 'chips' or boil & mash it. Or you can scoop out the seeds & put on some tomato sauce with veggies & bake in the oven, top with hexa cheese:D

Yeah I was thinking chips with maybe quorn chicken ad beans or something hmm I need a red day soon ha need some bloody chicken ha thanks xx

My favourite way to use butternut squash is to make it into a curry. If fact a 750g butternut squash will make 4-6 portions quite easily, so freeze the leftovers, which makes for a quick meal another day.

Denise

I love butternut squash soup.

It's also really good if you cut it in half, spritz with frylight and roast for an hour. Top with left over cold veg curry/chilli/stew and then sprinkle with a healthy extra of cheese and put back in the oven for another half an hour. I quite often scoop some of the squash out and mix it with the topping before stuffing it back in :)

Mm butternut squash risotto is my fav but I cant do risotto i mess up every time

Mm butternut squash risotto is my fav but I cant do risotto i mess up every time

Risotto isn't too hard to make, you just need to stay near the pan at all times, adding your stock gradually and once that has been absorbed add a little more. If you step away, it will dry out so quickly and most likely burn.

Also should be served straight away once ready for the best risotto. Don't let it sit too long in the pan and definately don't reheat it, unless you want dried out risotto lol.

Well my dads a top chef and everytime i visit he showsme but i still can't ddo it back at home!!! Ha might try it tomorrow instead of a roast! Although it won't me the same without the wine and the pile of Parmesan lol xx

Back