help

jojo21

Ive been trying to maintain my target weight for about two and a half years now and was doing ok,but just lately(past 8 months) i have found it almost impossible to concentrate on slimming world.
I dont know what is the matter with me.I know what to do,i have all the books and mags but nothing is seeming to click.The job i do is very physical alot of walking and lifting heavy weights involved so i thought this might help but it doesnt.Its just seems my mo jo has gone and wont come back.
I am getting really fed up and down about it now.
Please give me advice even if its what i dont want to hear.

Thanks

Hi jojo21, sounds like you've done really well getting to target in the first place. I've found that focus drifted once target was achieved, I think it's the hardest bit. Not so many rewards when looking down at the scales, we probably need a change of mind set. Not seeing the figures go down after all that time celebrating each pound off. The best reward s getting to target and keeping the scales steady, that's the real hard work. That's why we did it in the first place. How much have you gained, the full amount f when you started? Either way, you know whatever gain you've had will come off when you stick to plan.

Are you keeping a diary on here? You mentioned your physical work, is it really physical ? Are you eating enough to keep your body going? I'm finding that even with a couple of trail runs ( 5 milers) and a club bike ride ( 40-65 miles on Saturdays ) I still have to keep to plan or I my weight goes up, but I do have to eat more. When we have a cafe stop on the ride I chose a banana and a sweet coffee , or a piece of cake, but not a full English or huge bacon baguette.

Don't lose heart, lose the pounds. You will be well supported. Maybe post a diary and let some of us have a look. Don't bash yourself up too much, draw a line and use the experience to go forward again.

The majority of us slip up, it's taken me 6 months to get back to target, only 6 pounds or so over, but it's been worth the effort.

Thanks for your wise words.Im 4 pounds above target,i know it doesnt sound much but those numbers on the scales really get to me.Other people have said i dont eat enough at work but i eat for what i want.
I start to do a food diary but by the middle of the week i get bored.i know this is a bad attitude.
I will do it just got to get my mind back into it.
Thanks again.

I've been the same Jojo, I maintained for a year and then slowly lost it, I'm also 4lb over my target range :( do you still go to group? I find it keeps me in focus especially as we're doing 12 weeks of challenges at the minute, its given me something to think about every week rather than doing the same thing week in week out x

Yes i still go to group every week and i might pinch your idea of doing an in group challange.It will give me something to focus on.Thanks

Join up with texty_f and the rest if us in the July challenge in here. There's loads of us that sign up on this forum .

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/320989-july-challenge.html

You beat me to it!!!!!!!! I'd highly recommend this challenge, I came back from hols over my target, not much but struggled to get back into target range, I sat at the top end for a while & joined the challenge, I've not got back to target weight & I've rejoined this month to lose just 3lbs more so I'm at the lower end of my target. We tend to go away a lot now the children have left home & I don't want to be spending my time getting back to target every time we go away.

You can do this, try & vary the food you eat, perhaps eat more SS foods I found they helped with me.

Back