Hen weekend - so proud!

Elle-Emm

Gold Member
HI everyone, I've been away on a hen weekend the last 2 days.

And I'm so proud of my achievements overall - and just wanted to share this especially with those starting out who have a long journey ahead.

As you can see from my sig/tracker I've been on LT a fair while now, but still have a bit of the journey left. I've lost more than I ever thought possible and have lost almost 4 dress sizes. This weekend I wore 2 beautiful dresses which I may not get chance to wear again as they'll be too big soon!

But I saw people I'd not seen in months who have been gobsmacked by the difference in me. I've had compliments from people I've never met about how wonderful my willpower must be and how impressed they are with my results and dedication.

But. Yesterday was SOOOOOOOOOOO hard! Don't get me wrong, never once did I even attempt to cheat but when we went to Claridges (a Michelin starred Gordon Ramsay restaurant, no less!) I did wish i was not on LT! It. was. amazing. Everyone said it's the best meal they've ever eaten. The service was perfect, the maitre D' was wonderful, we even got taken into the kitchen for a quick tour.

I just can't wait to go back when I can eat there!

But, what I'm trying to say is - in a very rambling way - the food will always be there. The time spent with friends and family is not something you can take for granted as much... I had a lovely time, I still felt special with my silver coffee pot and sparkling water being topped up without asking :) My friend the hen had a wonderful time and said she was so pleased i was there and didn't know how i managed to not eat.

So, everyone, persevere - stay focused, don't be tempted - getting healthy and feeling good about yourself is so much more important and you really can get that feeling on LT.

Have fab weeks and remember to celebrate all your successes, every single ounce lost - every dress size dropped, every time you resist temptation, everything, every compliment.

Well done and you should be very proud of your achievements they are amazing and an inspiration i started the lipotrim journey on saturday but posts like yours inspire me so much.

Hi Elle-Emm,
Wow you are amaezing(spelling not good).
I have been avoiding family and friends for nearly 2 weeks now since i started TFR. Just keeping the diet to myself dont want to be getting questions fired at me.
But well done on your night out and your journey so far.
Stevo.

Well done, and brilliant effort. Food sounds like it was amazing. Congrats on your weight loss for far.
Love happy posts.

Thanks guys - I would just advocate telling people and getting out there and still enjoying a social life. You don't need to tell everyone, but be confident that this IS a safe way to lose a LOT of weight and is something that's important to you :)

I've still got a lot to lose, but every week my goal is getting closer and closer.

I'm a massive fan of stting yourself mini targets, kittykate - so maybe think of those. They really help motivate me - things like every dress size i drop, every half stone, when i got under 200lb, when i lose 100lb :) i'#ve got over 2 pages of them and by so many now i have a date of when i achieved that. even though i'm still on my journey it's great to look over them and see that i've done really well so far!

You are so good, you so be so proud of yourself, and also what an amazing weight loss you've had, inspirational :)

Fair play to ya, an insperation to us all thats fantasic:D

WOW That really is amazing you are doing so well, fair play to for sticking to it hun xxx

well done your willpower must be amazing. Your an inspiration to all starting. You have every reason to be proud. Keep up the excellent job ur doing on LT

Hi Elle-emm,
well you know what your major treat will be when you finish, back to that restaurant for the meal. You should be very proud of yourself, you did so well in staying on LT when all around you were eating and drinking. It's lovely to wear nice clothes going to events isn't it and to have people commenting on how well you look. Nice compliments are better than cake is my latest catch phrase. Keep it up, is the wedding coming around soon? Have a great week.
Doirin

LOL, Doirin - the wedding has been and gone, was in April. Due to a very close family bereavement, bride and groom weren't up to the stag and hen dos before the event - so having them belatedly :)

Love the "Compliments better than cake" line! LT should print that as a t-shirt ;)

I definitely plan one of my MANY goal-weight treats as going back to Claridges. My main treat is learning to ski!

Hi Elle-emm,
I will want rights to that slogan if they try to take it LOL. Glad they still had their nights even if it was after the event, any excuse for a party eh!
Learning to ski should be fun and deserved after all this, I love the idea of trying new things once we feel comfortable to do so, I am going to treat myself to swimming lessons, having 3 small boys I want them to learn, therefore it doesn't make sense for me not to. I used to love swimming as a kid but the bigger I got the less inclined I was to go in. So looking forward to that. We need these things to keep us focussed. Take care.
Doirin

Hi Elle-Emm looks like we are on a similar journey. Well done on your amazing willpower at Claridges. I have a hen weekend coming up in a couple of weeks too. Hope I can stay half as strong as you xx

HaHa - I love the 'compliments are better than cake' thing too!!

Well done E-E, I bet you felt great and deservedly so!!

Keep up the good work xx

Back