Here we go again lol

natp18

Right where to start....

I used the forum last time I wanted to loose weight whilst doing the Atkins.

I have always been big,back in 2009 I concieved my first daughter naturally but sadly we lost her at birth (Oct 2009) due to a fatal genetic condition. After giving birth I was 18 stone with a BMI of 41.
I wanted to try again for another baby but had feared something was wrong as I was having gynae issues. The Hospital did a scan which showed I had PCOS which dosent help my weight situation and fertility....it was thought for me to concieve again I would need fertility treatment,but they were unwilling to help with that until my BMI was under 35. January 2010 i started my Atkins diet as I new it worked quickly by 2 months later my BMI had got to 35...The tablets they gave still didnt work and we found out my other half had developed issues with his swimmers...the only option we was given was ivf with icsi,again the NHS was unwilling to put me through this treatment until my BMI was lower,the criteria was 30. June 2010 I had got to a BMI of 30 and by the end of July 2010 I was doing my first ivf cycle,which sadly ended in a Chemical Pregnancy Misscarriage. I carried on with the weight loss on Atkins even though it was a difficult stressful time. November 2010 I started my 2nd attempt of IVF and fell preggers with my 2nd daughter...at this point the clinic said i needed to stop Atkin asap and thats when the weight started to pile on,along with pregnancy of course.... My pregnancy was going well but at the start of the third trimester a scan showed that my daughter had the same condition and would not be compatible with life. My 2nd daughter was born in May and lived for 2 very precious hours:cry:. A few weeks ago I weighed myself and my weight had gone from 11 stone last November 2010 to 16.2 stone. I know if I want anymore treatment again I need to get this weight back off.....hence why I am here again..

So Friday I started Atkins at 16.2 lbs

I am going to start my diet diary from today.Also I am on Xenical and Metformin for the PCOS,but horrible side effects lol

Tuesday:

Breakfast: 5 slices of bacon

snacks : 2 cans of diet coke

.......so far

For Tea....

1 chicken breast with hot and spicy seasoning

mixed salad small

2 lime diet cokes

Last edited:
Oh Nat that is so terribly tragic, you sound very stoic but OMGosh you and your OH have been through it!

Welcome back to Atkins, there are lovely people here, so ask anything - and share the ups and downs, we all do it.

Susie x

Hello nat - lovely to meet you:)

Gosh you've had such a tough time. Huge ((hugs)) and i really hope that the world improves for you.
Looking forward to sharing your journey on here
Xxx

Back