Here we go ! people saying I should stop

cmacca

I am doing quite well on Cambridge and sticking to it, I have lost just over two stone now and my goal was to lose 3 stone, but now I think I want to lose 4 stone and be 9 stone 7lbs, but already I am getting people saying they think I should stop, my weight is OK etc etc, it drives me mad, why cant people cope with change and why cant people just be happy for you, my husband has been a really good support for me but even he is now saying that he thinks I have lost enough weight, I am currently 11stone 5 so I really want to lose another 26 lbs :sigh:

i am thinking exactly the same. so your not in that boat alone!!!
i am currently 12st 1lb... and people are saying surely you shouldnt be still going...
i have recently been thinking.. yeah 10 stone would be fab.. but 9stone 7 would be even better....
(we are the same height....)

it really gets on my nerves.... just wanna pull my hair out sometimes and i really wish poeple would just be happy for me...

People only say this coz they're so used to seeing you fatter

I had all this before.

Take no notice

They wouldnt tell ya average 9 stone person they were too thin would they!

Carry on your'e doing great! x

I think sometimes people get the green eyed monster , dont listern to everyone else its not there body and they arent living your life . When you feel its time to give up then do it then .

Thanks for all your support, I do think you are right about the green eyed monster, I went to see a 'friend' that used to live near us, she hadnt seen me since I was at my biggest, so there I am 2 stone lighter and she didnt mention a thing, I didnt say anything about being on a diet either and considering I was a size 16/18 and am now a size 12 she must have noticed, I could see it in her face that it would kill her to admit that I had lost weight. So annoying !!

Agree with everyone else, ignore 'em.

I reckon there must be a strong motivating factor in staying slim if you can get to a specific goal. The first time I did Cambridge I got to around 12 stones - and everyone was saying to me, yeah, stop, that's enough. And it kind of was in a way - I'd been nearly 18 stone to start with so it felt kinda thin. But I really really wish I'd kept going until I'd reached what would be the top end of my healthy BMI of 25 - which is 10st 6lbs. I wonder actually if I'd be back here now if I'd managed that...

Yes I agree ignore them and do what is right for you. For some it will no doubt be the green eyed monster and others will not be used to seeing you smaller. I think it takes some time for them to get used to it especially if you have dropped weight quickly.

Your target weight sounds right for your height. I'm aiming for 11st 7lb and I am 5 11. Keep up the good work xx

My mother in law is the worse for this she keeps saying too me 'how much more have you got too loose' you don't need to loose any more' and she says it in front of people I hardly know.

She us constantly inviting me and my husband (her son) over for tea and keeps bring cookies and cakes round.

He went round for lunch the other day and she gave him a lecture about me being on the diet. She even asked him if he had though about the concequence if me loosing weight. When he said no?!? She replied -
* haven't you heard about these woman who loose lots of weight and leave there husbands
* she will change and become stuck up and look down her nose at people.

I couldn't believe it when he told me. But worse still it's put doubt in his mind about me dieting now.

When I went from a size 22 to a 14 last time I did cd, I had loads of people telling me to stop even though I was wavering around the 13.7 mark.

I have been 10.7 before and that is too skinny for me, but 11.7-12 is fine, I am hoping to lose a lot by Christmas, because I am going back to work in Jan and it will be so much harder to diet again in front of others......everyone has an opinion. The last time did a vlcd I was forever having to fend off offers of cake and crap from thin colleagues who kept saying, just have a little bit, just do some exercise (hmmm (I'd like to see them exercise away 5 stone of extra padding lol)

I think when its family like husbands and mams etc that it's more about concern than the green eyed monster, I just dont think they can get their head around how not eating is healthy, it's an alien concept lets be honest. Sometimes I have problems with it myself, but I've done the research and I know that this is a healthy way to lose weight.

I cant believe what your M-I-L said honestly that is just insulting!

Hi I can relate too this comment alot, it was mainly from my friends and work colleagues.
A lady I work with back in June had time off work with stress, she hadn't seen me in over a month.
When she returned she thought I'd lost more weight but it was only a few pounds.
She face booked me and said I was " wasting away" and to stop dieting. Of course I took no notice, but u will get people who think you are wanting their views on your weightloss.
Keep going until you are ready to stop!!!
Keep smiling x

i have had all the nasty *****y comments!

One girl had the cheek to turn around to me and say if i carry on with the diet i will end up looking like a saggy mess! Wouldnt mind but this girl would be close to a size 28, and she told my "im kinding my self im a size 16 and she is slimmer and fitter then me" haha.

Also had the "if you stop and eat you will pile it all back on"

ALSO in boots the other day buying a shaker, the women said what sort of diet you doing, so i told her and she went hmm doesnt sound healthy i said yes it is, and then she went on to say how much more u want to ose? i said 8 stone [which would of toke me to 10st] and she had the cheek to go "how the hell you going to lose that!?! there will be nothing left of you, i think your stupid" lol

Back