Here's to a new me ...

2014NewMe

Wilson Phillips said 'no one can change your life except for you' and there are so many things I want to change in my life right now I don't know where to start :( So I am going to start with my weight as I have about two stone to lose and felt more confident when I was slimmer and I think that will give me the confidence to then make the other changes I need to make and regular exercise made me happier and more capable of dealing with the things life throws at me. Also have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes that don't currently fit me and can't afford to buy any new ones!!

so I am starting tomorrow morning. Plan of action:

weigh in a morning
early morning exercise
try and have five portions of fruit and veg every day
3 litres of water a day
8 hours sleep
lunchtime walk three times a week
udo oil and vitamin every day
evening exercise
log all food and drink and exercise

can't think of anything else, will be back tomorrow :D

Day 1

Really annoying, but my post from yesterday seems to have disappeared :confused:

Yesterday morning weighed in at 10 stone 5, would like to be 8 stone 7 - which is right in the middle of a healthy BMI for my height of 5 foot 1. Therefore 26 lbs to lose. This seems a lot so first goal is to get to 9 stone 13, 6 lb loss. I believe a healthy weight loss is about 2 lb a week, so will aim for three weeks to lose this - Christmas Eve!!

Struggled to get out of bed to exercise yesterday morning. Woke up at 5am, but didn't make it out of bed until 5.20. Did an hour zumba dvd yesterday morning, but didn't really enjoy it - found it a bit boring. I used to enjoy doing zumba on the wii, but the wii is in a box in the garage from when we moved recently. So update on yesterday:

weigh in a morning - did 10 stone 5
early morning exercise - 1 hour zumba dvd
try and have five portions of fruit and veg every day - orange juice, raisins, banana and beans - was supposed to have an apple as well, but had 2 Jaffa cakes and ran out of calories for the day :rolleyes:
3 litres of water a day - did :angel09:
8 hours sleep - only managed 7 Tuesday night
lunchtime walk three times a week - 35 minute walk yesterday
udo oil and vitamin every day - didn't have any udo oil, but it arrived in the post yesterday. Had vitamin.
evening exercise - didn't manage this
log all food and drink and exercise - did on MFP 1198 calories for the day

Was hungry when I went to bed last night, so toyed with the idea of going back to slimming world...but have been going there on and off since May 2003 and I am actually exactly the same weight now as I was when I first started (at one point going up to 12 stone!) so not sure slimming world is a good long term solution for me.

Day 2

Weighed in this morning at 10 stone 4 :D 1 lb weight loss. It's only been one day and feels like hard work :hmm:guess it is just getting into a new routine.

This morning struggled getting out of bed again. Tried a pump it up aerobics dvd, but again found it boring. Managed to do half an hour of it before giving up due to boredom. I think I am going to try and do half an hour exercise in a morning and then try and do half an hour on an evening, as I don't think forcing myself to do an hour in a morning when I am not enjoying it is something I will be able to stick to long term. Used to do tae bo on you tube about a year ago and enjoyed that, so will try doing half an hour of that next time. Anyway better get on with my day :)

Day 2 cont

update on yesterday...

weigh in a morning - did - 10 stone 4
early morning exercise - 30 minutes pump it up DVD
try and have five portions of fruit and veg every day - orange juice and banana - not very good :rolleyes:
3 litres of water a day - did
8 hours sleep - only managed 7 again Wednesday night
lunchtime walk three times a week - 45 minute walk at lunchtime
udo oil and vitamin every day - did
evening exercise - didn't manage this again
log all food and drink and exercise - did on MFP

Day 3

10 stone 2 this morning :D, although couldn't get out of bed this morning to exercise and only on day 3 - have some difference exercise DVDs in the garage (still in boxes from move recently) that I'll try and find tomorrow that I might enjoy more. Today will be difficult as won't be able to walk at lunchtime as someone coming to fix washer and going out for a meal tonight - will have to do some dancing after the meal to make up for the lack of exercise today!!!

23 lb still to lose, another 3 lb to first goal :)

Hi there

You sound like me in terms of weight now and goal weight. And Jaffa cakes/ any orange chocolate is definitely my weak spot! Oh and wine too! I had a healthy start to the week and am in the middle of 5 consecutive days out. It is crazy Christmas time though. I'm almost looking forward to the relative quiet of January already!

Good luck with your loss. V

Similar start weight and goal as me!

Also a similar plan - lots of fruits and veggies and exercise.

You'll feel great when you get in the 9s. Make sure you take before pics - I can't tell you how motivating that has been for me seeing how my body has changed x

Back