Red Days HexB Question ....

meadowbankles

Silver Member
If I was to do a red day, I'm aware that a specific weight is given for a jacket potato as a HexB. My question is - can I make that jacket potato into chips (made the slimming world way) and still be "on plan" or is it intended to be eaten as a jacket. Does it make a difference. :confused:

I'm sure you need to eat the potato with the skin on to make it a HexB because all the fibre is in the skin. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong x

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier...I don't do red days very often but am trying a week of red and green to see where it gets me.

I was thinking of just making them into wedges. I do the following on EE and green (this time will just have to weigh the potato);

- Cut into wedge shapes (leave skin on).
- Spray very liberally with fry light, and season with salt and pepper (and anything else you fancy).
- Chuck in mincrowave for 8 mins, turning after 4 mins.
- I guess if you want them crispy, you could whack them in the oven for 20 mins.

Not sure if this is allowed but I don't see why not.

Kirsty x

PS I realise after typing this, I have been watching far too much 'Jamie's 30 Minute Meals' - 'whack', 'chuck' whatever next?!

I make my chips leaving the skin on anyway. I find they fall apart if i peel them.

yes you can,

leave the skin on and you can have wedges, chips, squares, rounds! however you like them!!!

As a red 'fan' i survive with SW chips and Steaks!!! x

Back