hey there

Most green veg is not worth counting as the calorie content is so small. However things like sweetcorn, peas, potatoes are higher so worth counting.

I'm not a fruit eater... I know, I know, naughty Lindsey!!! However because of their natural sugar content they have more of a calorie content.

I would recommend counting everything until you get a feel for how many calories are in the fruit and veg you eat, then you can decide what needs to be counted.

x

I didn't know that you didn't count green veggies. I count everything because sometimes I have an absolute mountain of broccoli and cauliflower...or just a whole plate of green beans. I'm not a fruit fan either, watermelon being the only fruit i'll go out of my way to eat.

thanks for your replies, i thought the same, as in not countin salad etc (except sweetcorn etc) and countin fruit but have to say girls im not a big fruit eater either although i am goin to try lol, i currently weigh 13st 6 and accordin to my fitness pal i am allowed 1480 per day, how about the rest of u?wat kind of things do u eat?i like to see other peoples food diaries lol xx

I didn't know that you didn't count green veggies. I count everything because sometimes I have an absolute mountain of broccoli and cauliflower...or just a whole plate of green beans. I'm not a fruit fan either, watermelon being the only fruit i'll go out of my way to eat.

I don't count anything at the moment catcrazy... I'm the worlds worst calorie counter... I'm practicing being a calorie guesser, lol!!!

thanks for your replies, i thought the same, as in not countin salad etc (except sweetcorn etc) and countin fruit but have to say girls im not a big fruit eater either although i am goin to try lol, i currently weigh 13st 6 and accordin to my fitness pal i am allowed 1480 per day, how about the rest of u?wat kind of things do u eat?i like to see other peoples food diaries lol xx

I've started to write my food in my gym diary, feel free to take a peek. x

I use my fitness pal too...its easy to fill in and count calories but beware using entries marked with the * as these are user entered and are often way way off the mark. Use none * items as they are your own or MFP verified. My diet is pretty much the same as it always was, just exercising portion control. My weight piled on because I forgot to reduce portions when I became incapacitated (DOH! me!)

O thank you for the tip must remember not to use things marked * thank you for that! Haven’t ate anything yet as i pigged out last night and am not hungry but i no wat I am having up until lunch so will prepare food diary now, wud be great if anyone cud tell me if i am doin ok!lol xxx

You can use them but do a quick google on the * marked item to check its not way off. If i'm feeling bored I sit there correcting loads of the common foods...I NEED a life lol!

Lol!id prob do the same lol!thats wat i was about to ask as most things are marked with *! Although i no some are ok as i no some of by heart lol, i have a calorie countin book at home wud i be better to use that?xx

Its easier using MFP but if you'd feel happier using your book then go ahead. We tend to be creatures of habit using pretty much the same foods so it wouldnt take long to know the calories. At the moment I use google, the packaging or sainsburys website to verify. I do use * marked items, I just verify them myself first. I think once ive been at it a little longer it will all be easier.

yeah i no wat u mean il maybe stick with mfp but like u say verify it thru the likes of tesco or google or sumthin just or just check the packaging to make sure, will use my book also xx

Back