Hi all

sunshine24

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around the forum for a few days now and I thought it was about time i said hello!!!

I joined SW a couple of weeks ago but i keep chickening out when it comes to WI as I feel I mess up at the weekend. I am really good in the week and hardly use my syns (but eat lots) as I like to use them at the weekend.

I have been on track again since Tuesday but I feel like I am putting on weight rather than loosing it! Has anyone else experience this?

I am doing EE by the way.

Have a good day

Hi honey, maybe like others you need to keep a food diary on here.... it certainly helps me stay on the straight & narrow. Have a look at other diaries too, then you can see what others are having on plan. As for EE, I do mainly red so not a great help there, however, there are lots of lovely peopl on here that do follow EE, and will only be happy to help you. Stick around, get a tracker & pop in each day.... It's like a daily dose of class on your PC. I have found it irreplacable

xx

A food diary will be a big help for you, and you will get good advice on the foods you eating are too.

Don't be afraid to WI - you will probably be delighted with a loss.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.

Thanks Ladies, I think a food diary would be a good idea! Thanks for the tips.

Have a lovely weekend

Hi ya, welcome to the site. You will get loads of support here and good advice so don't be affraid of joining in. As the others have said keeping a diary is a good idea and somebody here will check to make sure you are on the right track. I do EE so if I can help in anyway just send me a private message. Good luck xx

Relax and always go to Wi thats my advise, sw works for everyone differently and how are u supposed to know whats good for you and your body if you dont WI? it sounds like your doing fine, and tbh it also sounds like if your feeling like you'v meesed up at weekends it cause uv saved all ur syns for it and when u use them, ur feeling naughty. Maybe you need to keep a food diary and sart spreading your syns out, and controlling it on the weekend better, u can always use ur flexi syns when ur really wanting to enjoy ur weekend.. i use about 7-12 dailey thougout the week, and just take the weekend as it comes.

Welcome to the forum hunny. get yourself to the 'get to know you' thread :) xxxx

Hey,

First off, welcome! You need to be positive, a negitive mind will produce negative results.

You've been given some great advice so far :D Please, please, please WI, whether you think you've done good or bad, you wont know unless you WI. If you done good you can celebrate (but not with food) and if you not done so good then you can try and see what's gone wrong (if anything, could just be one of those weeks).

With regards to syns, the big wigs say have 15 a day or loose them. But if you find having 105 per week suits you better - do it just make sure you use them all up, if 6 weeks down the line you find you are plateau-ing or gaining, drop them down to 12/13 and see if that helps. Don't try and not have them, they are an essential part of the plan :) Also don't drop them if you've just had a bad week, it may be counter-productive.

Make sure you drink enough - especially in this hot weather. 2l a day and more when it's hot. That could be why you feel like you've gained - water retention, you need water to shift water.

Most of all, relax, stay positive and focused and enjoy the plan!

Last edited:
Agree with all the above! Start with 105 syns and count down, it works for me. Suspend belief! You WILL lose weight feeling full, you DON'T have to starve yourself.

Thanks for all your advice guys. You are all so friendly. I promiseI will WI this week and see what happens. I like the idea of 105 per week rather than doing 15 per day, i think it would suit me better. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again. Lovely to meet you all. xxx

Well, I finally weighed in after my first proper week following the plan 100% and I lost 2.5 pounds!!! Very happy with that after I went to Nando and a wedding at the weekend but I did what a few of you suggested and started with 105 syns and worked my way down rather than 10-15 per day. On the days I didnt have any syns I didnt even notice as I had filled up with yummy free food. I don't even feel like this is a "diet", I think it is something i will stick with forever as I am eating all of my normal fav meals but just adapting them to fit in with the plan. After doing weight watchers for a few months which made me obsessed with food and counting point, SW is a welcome relief!!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Sunshine x

Back