Hi All

Hi My name is Dawn I'm 33 (nearly 34 :eek:) a active mum of two and a full time care worker.

I'm currently trying to loose weight but I'm seriously getting stressed over it. I've had 3 false starts at slimming world and one with weight watchers. You see I'm 19st 9lbs and before I had my first daughter 10 years ago I was a happy 9st 9. I'm not looking to get back to that size but I am looking to get well healthy even if it's just to annoy my Dr who actually called me fat the other day!

My response well yes I know and I took it with a brave face but it really felt like she was mocking me and it hurt like you wouldn't believe. See I was over 20 stone and I've been slowly dropping the lbs but its not good enough for my Dr. However I've run into some health issues and I'm either type 2 diabetic or I have a thyroid issue but she won't help me till I loose weight she just told me what may be wrong with me aside from the fact I'm fat (her words not mine).

Anyway I was looking for some diet advice and am really hoping to get lots of help and support here. I'm taking another stab at Slimming world this week and I'm determined that it will be a success (Hence the name).

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for inflicting my tale of woe upon you all. I look forward to meeting you and well loosing the weight :)

Hi and welcome. I am very lucky my doctor never says anything about my size. But you can do it even if just to prove to your doctor that you can. Come and see us in the SW section. Are you going to a group or do it yourself?

Irene xx

Back