hi all :)

hi everyone,

i've finally registered on this website after coming across it a couple of times while searching for information relating to slimming world...it seems like a really helpful, nice place to get help / information, so here i am!

my name is lauren and i'm 22 years old. i've used slimming world previously (before i got married almost 2 years ago) and managed to lose about 4 stone through it. i went to the doctors the other day and had quite a shock when the nurse weighed me, so i've decided it's time to jump straight back into slimming world! i'm a vegetarian and find it much harder than my meat eating husband to lose the weight, so i'm just about to pop over to the slimming world subsection and see if i can find any delicious recipes to spark my motivation!

thanks to everyone who's already made posts over there, you've been helpful already without even knowing it! :)

Hi and Welcome,

All the best on with your weight loss, I have bene having quite a lot of vegi food as its generally healthier. In the recipies section there are some excellent vegi recipies particularly for soups that may be helpful.

x

hi weareglitter and welcome to the boards! Like you I came across this site when searching for info on Weight Watchers and have only recently joined. Everyone on here is really supportive - we are going through the same thing!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Hi Lauren,

Thought I'd reply because we're similar ages (I'm 21) and have awesome names (the name's Laura lol) so thought you'd maybe be on my level a bit and know what it's like to be a young girl that's a bit cuddlier than the rest :)

Do you have any handy tips on staying motivated? I've lost 7 and a half stone already, but every now and then have a little break down and it puts me on a massive downer, and these break downs are coming more and more often now, even though I'm so close to my goal! Do you experience the same??

Hope the weight loss is going brilliantly, I'm sure it is! :)

hi laura!

sorry for the late reply, i'm in the middle of packing my life into boxes and bags ready to go to a festival and then 4 days after i get back, i'm moving into a new flat! perfect timing on my part!

a 7 and a half stone loss? that's amazing! i think my biggest motivation at the moment is the idea of being able to go back onto the high street and if i want something, being able to buy it, rather than having to come home and find a similar alternative online where i can get something in my size. i fooled myself into thinking my weight hadn't all piled back on, as a couple of shops were still selling stuff in my size, but when i couldn't find anything in those few shops, i had to start being honest with myself!

good luck on getting to your goal! :) x

Back