Hi all!!!

lyndz

Hi everyone!!!

I have joined to get back on the diet bandwagon!!! I have seen my weight increase by nearly 4 stone in the last 3 years every since I broke my leg. At the end of June I started calorie counting and joined the gym and lost 1 stone 4lbs in about 5 weeks but at the beginning of August I work up with a numb arm and ended up in hospital for a few days while they tried to figure out what is wrong with it... 6 weeks on I have no idea what it is but have managed to rule out things with MRI's. I have another appointment next week to see if there is any other causes for it and then hopefully I can get back to work. I had to cancel the gym membership due to cash issues and I have been so shattered that my diet has been out the window. As much as I know I have put some of the weight back on I will be watching what I am doing from now on and hopefully not be putting anything extra on and can get back to weight loss again soon!!! I want my arm sorted, my tiredness sorted and then get back into the "skinny" side of my wardrobe.
XX

Welcome to Minimins, good luck on your journey. I'm new here too. I hope you get your problem sorted and its nothing too serious :)

Hey Lyndz,

Glad to meet you! even under such unfortunate circumstances. Don't mean to pry but 6 weeks you have been left with a numb arm? or is it back to normal and they are just trying to figure out what caused it? If the former I would be really peeved (a little understatement) it's taken them so long!!

I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

Hi lyndz, welcome back on the diet bandwagon, and welcome to the forum! I hope you get your problem sorted and its nothing too serious. Although you have faced health and financial issues you want to get back to weight loss. This is very important. Don't wait everything to be right. It never happens. Just take baby steps, simple healthy choices (avoid junk, not big portions, aware of possible emotional eating, just a few easy to do workouts), build good habits and when you'll feel better, then you may follow a more demanding and rewarding weight loss path. Good luck!

Thanks for the lovely welcome!!!

Jen Cheng I have still got issues with my arm. Basically I use it and it gets very heavy and tired... Like when you've sat on your leg that sore numb way it goes just before the pins and needles kick in!!! I'm fed up as I can't work not using my right arm but my GP won't do anything till the neurologist has seen me.

I am now trying to find some form of exercise routine I can do without using my arm and that doesn't put my ankle under much strain... I'm falling apart!!!

Diet starts again officially on Wednesday!!! Payday... Till then I'm eating whatever is in the house!!!
XX

Oh I see! Hope all goes well with the neurologist when you get there and I look forward to catching up with you on your first day on Weds!

Back