Hi, another newbie

Hi all,

I joined minimins because when I was searching for info on Slimming World, recipes, syns, etc this site kept giving me the best info. I jotted down lots of brilliant ideas for breakfast and lunch in work and tons of syn totals for all my favourite treats.

My main reason for starting Slimming World is to fit into a bridesmaid dress for my cousins wedding in 3 & half weeks. Long story short, the designer ordered me a size 10 dress but we didn’t know this until it was too late to get it changed and the nature of the material means it can’t be taken out. I’m normally a size 12-14! I have slimmed a little by cutting out chocolate and sweets but still need to drop some more weight to feel comfortable on the day. With spanx it just about fits me at the moment but I’m maid of honour and making the wedding cake so I’ll have to do a lot of running around on the big day and need to be able to breathe!

My gf has been on SW for nearly 3 months and has lost over 1 & half stone. I decided for the last few weeks before the wedding I’d join her and try to shift a little more weight. I love to bake and in recent years this has meant I’ve become very accustomed to sweet treats and tended to have something sweet after every meal. I work in an office so I would snack all day, especially in the afternoons, eating chocolate bars a few times a day. The bridesmaid dress may have been a catalyst but I now realise I need to change my attitudes to food and realise that I cannot continue to eat the way I was eating if I want to be healthy. I know that everyone takes to SW completely differently and it’s never going to guarantee I’ll lose weight but I know it’s a good start to having a healthier lifestyle.

We have a large dog so I walk her daily, sometimes for several hours on Sat/ Sun, I’ve started doing a fitness DVD and skipping on alternate days but I’m not sure how much more I should be doing. I’m not 100% on the right balance for exercise with the SW food intake.

We haven’t got scales at home so I’m not sure on my starting weight but hope to find out in the next few days. Last I checked (before Xmas) I was in the region of 9.5 – 10 stone & I’m only 5 feet tall. I imagine I’m closer to 10 stone now. I’ve often wished I could be stretched about 5 or 6 inches and even out some of that weight!

Sorry for rambling! I look forward to chatting with members and finding out even more useful info.

Cheers!

i am sure that you will easily fit into the dress with 3 weeks to go you can lose 1/2 stone on sw eat lots and lots of superfree and the weight will soon come off good luck xx

Back