Hi everyone, newbie here!

raachel28

Hi everyone. Thought I'd say hi :) I started slimming world last week. I stuck to it religiously, but at my 1st weigh in this morning I had only lost 2lbs :( I actually felt like crying! :'( :cry:

Thanks for the reply :) I suppose any loss is a good one so I'll stick at it :)

Hello and welcome to minimins!
Please don't feel bad, I think sometimes when you see others losing big amounts in their first week it can feel like you haven't done well.
When I first started SW 10 years ago, I lost 2lb in my first week and then went on to lose 4.5 stones in 10 months!
2lb is a good loss- its shows that its working, and it can alos depend on what you were doing before - when I do WeightWatchers and than swich to SW, it takes my body a few weeks to adjust, but if you just stick with it, I'm sure will be glad you did!
Anyway, it can also take a bit to get used to which foods are speed foods and what works best for you.
Please don't feel disheartened, you are doing great!

Hi - welcome to the forum.

2lbs is a good loss, that was my avarage really while I was loosing weight & in the end right up till I hit target! I managed to loose 4 stone so I was always pleased with a 2lb loss.

Hi :) It was a little disheartening to see another lady who joined at the same time lose 7lbs lol. I have about 5st to lose and I'm not giving up until it's gone! I had to complete a food diary, so the lady who runs it is going to have a look and give me a call if I've gone wrong anywhere. I've been following extra easy everyday, and I'm pretty sure I've done it right. As long as I'm n ot gaining I'm happy :D

Hiya and well done on your loss :D
Just wondering..have you actually SEEN how much 2lbs is? My SW cons has a lumpy lardy thing that weighs 2lbs that she uses to show us what a loss like that looks like.It's loads! You've made a great start xx

dont worry, 2lb is brill, its a healthy weight loss, if u get that everyweek u will get ur target before u no it

good luck with the diet but u will love it

sue x

Yeah she showed me the lardy thing, wasn't pleasant lol!

not pleasant is it? :pAnd you already ditched a whole one of those manky things..in just one week..how cool is that!! :D x

Hi Raachel,

I can relate! I lost 1lb in my first, depsite being a saint in the eating and exercising department. I felt gutted, but everyone on here was really lovely and supportive. Anyway, the next week I lost 3lb, even though I hadn't been doing much exercise due to a knee injury. Keep it up - for me it seemed to take a while to kick in as I had always eaten pretty healthily anyway so the changes I had to make to my diet felt minimal, aside from the booze and friday night pig-outs!

Hun, don't worry. I lost a pound in my first week and another lady in her first week lost 10lbs...everyones different. But hopefully this week I will be getting my 1 stone shiny so don't give up and feel disheartened because at least if you lose it slowly you know it will stay off :) Good luck

How do I add my BMI and stats over there < < < :/ I've gone to my profile settings but it only asks for weight in lbs :/

Hun, don't worry. I lost a pound in my first week and another lady in her first week lost 10lbs...everyones different. But hopefully this week I will be getting my 1 stone shiny so don't give up and feel disheartened because at least if you lose it slowly you know it will stay off :) Good luck

Thanks leelea, I'm amazed I had lost anything, I have never felt hungry or craved anything since I started. I see your from Nottingham too :)

I am just down the road in derby too. I think if you go to user cp at the top right and put in your start weight, current weight and goal weight all in pounds it will add them to your profile.

You can't add them underneath until you have posted a lot more

Oh I am hun, where do you live?
I know, it doesn't feel like a diet at all does it? I did WW and was starving all the time but on this I never want anything or crave anything. I always go to weigh in thinking I've not lost anything because I've eaten too much but I do :)

Seriously, you need to go and pick up a bag of sugar because that is just over 2lbs, and then you'll ot shave a much more realistic view of what you've lost. And then add the fact that you're not going hungry or craving foods and it sound like a pretty perfect week to me!

Heya

welcome to minimins! Also good luck on your weightloss journey! Please don't be disheartened but "only" 2lb weightloss, thats a fab amount. I didnt loose the huge amount in the first week either, but adding up my first few weeks it was ALOT so mine seemed to average out over a period of time.

Have fun with SW, try out new recipes, experiment and loose weight with it - fab!!!

Helen xxx

I lost 3 in the first week , I though it would be more as I have lots to lose. The second week I lost 4 which made it half a stone in 2 weeks. To be honest I am treating any loss as a bonus because I am in it for the long haul(I reckon at least 2 years). I am looking forward to weigh on Monday because I feel so much healthier and energised. Good luck , relax and enjoy.

Back