Hi everyone

roxy222

I have been a member of this site for some time i really want to lose weight i stepped on scales today and it came up at a shocking 11stone 12 pounds going to double check this as my mums digital scales can play up i have tried weight watchers calorie counting and doesnt work for me i just dont know what to try next also i feel really hungry these days

for example today i ate

breakfast toast with butter

lunch finger roll with cheese tomatoe and mayo and packet of walkers crisps

dinner was pasta

but this evening i was still really hungry and started into more chocolate. its really getting me down as i cant fit into alot of my clothes

Hi Roxy - well done for posting and welcome!

Have you previously tried any weight loss plans?

i just find when trying to eat good i get so hungry get into moods and then when i have done it a few weeks and not seeing much change on the scales i give up

What quantities are you having? Any fruit and veg or dairy products? What are you drinking?

Weigh everything you have and write down everything to see if you are having a balanced diet.

You may be better using a plan like WW or SW

Irene xx

Bread/butter/cheese/mayo/chocolate. There's the problem :)

My suggestion (it worked for me but I respect it won't for everyone) is to cut out the bread, certainly the cheese and subsequently you won't be eating the butter and mayo.

If you crave toast, and I know I did at times, brown toast with marge is the way forward. White toast and butter, you will be so surprised at just how many calories is in it. Carbs too.

Same goes with the finger roll with butter, mayo and cheese. Don't be fooled into thinking that a light sandwich is a light sandwich.

Again, if you must have the finger roll, perhaps with marge, meat and salad? Hold the mayo and cheese maybe?

Pasta as an evening meal is nice vary it with meat/veg etc?

Walkers Crisps, I love them - maybe try the light version?

Chocolate, I don't think I need to mention :)

You have a similar diet to what I used to have. I now have porridge for breakfast, perhaps 2x brown toast with marge if I'm craving it. Lunch is a salad and dinner is maybe pasta (if I'm training) or meat and veg.

Allow yourself the occasional cheat but limit it, make it something to look forward to or something you have when you hit a target/goal.

Most importantly, do some exercise, 30 mins brisk walking on an empty stomach if you don't fancy a run, the more exercise and calories burned the better.

I think if you can get your diet and exercise in check then paying out to go on a plan can be a waste of money, especially given the experiences and advice that you will be able to get for free on here, others will disagree and I will always caveat it by saying what works for one may not for another.

Good luck!

hi i think SW would be great for you as you get free foods that you can eat as much as you like that should control your hunger then you can cut down gradually

Hey Roxy and :welcome: to the forums hun, sorry to hear that you've been having troubles with your weight, we all understand how that feels.
If you are still peckish at night time try substituting what you eat, its not the fact that you are eating, its WHAT you are eating. You cannot starve yourself and not eat when hungry, but you should try to find something that you can snack on that won't harm your diet.

Now, I don't believe in deprivation so I allow myself one square of chocolate when I fancy it, which actually isn't often - it usually is enough to take off my edge of wanting choccy. I know its difficult to stop yourself sometimes but if you want to lose the weight then you have to be strict with yourself and make yourself do it.

I used to take 2 sugars in my tea but I am now down to not having any sugar at all, which I have weaned myself down to - I took it down in steps until I am now onto no sugar and I am fine with that, it tastes okay to me and actually a tea with 2 sugars is now way too sweet for me.

Its little changes that make a big difference - but please don't make yourself miserable by totally depriving yourself, we do deserve some pleasures when we eat! X

thanks for all the great replys i would love to try slimming world but feel its something I cant do unless i i join a class which at the min i havent got the time or money but its always something i like the look of, has anyone followed it online or without a class i would love to hear

Hey Roxy, welcome to the forum

There are loads of members in the SW section who follow the plan alone. You can either join a class for one week to get the welcome pack with all the info in, or you can buy them off ebay, though check that you're getting the latest pack!

The SW section has been great for motivation and support, there are always people about to help with syn values and the like so it is definitely possible to do SW without the classes.

Also, the SW website has a week food plan for the extra easy plan that you can look at and try for free. I did that for two weeks before I joined a class and I had fantastic results.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums
Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Back