Hi everyone :)

Josie

Hi everyone :)

My name is Josie, i'm 32 and live in Liverpool in the UK

I'm a mum to 2 girls aged 13 and 10 and work as a University Mental Health and Wellbeing Adviser supporting students with Mental Health difficulties

I am 17 stone :( My highest ever weight was when I was 18 when I was 17 stone 5 and I am getting scarily close to this

I have always found Slimming World works well for me because I have a big appetite. The lowest I have been is 11 stone 2 about 4 or 5 years ago, although I have joined groups well over 10-15 times since then, I have lost count of exactly how many times, and left after a couple of weeks. My 13 year old Daughter is now wearing the size 12 clothes I used to wear at 11 stone 2! I guess I am a classic yo yo dieter!

I am 5 foot 7 and wear a size 18 although to be honest very little that I own fits me now and I pretty much live in stretchy leggings and long tops with long cardigans to cover up

I want to lose 7 stone which is a daunting task, I am going to be following Slimming World from home with the support of this forum!

I love walking and zumba and am going to try to attend zumba classes twice a week as well as walking to work a couple of days a week (it is 3 miles, I have done it once so far lol!)

I look forward to chatting to you all!

Josie x

Hi Jose! I am new to this forum too and like you have joined various groups over the years and never managed to stick with any. Joined SW a few years ago and then got pregnant so ate like a horse for 9 months! Rejoined last March and am almost four stone down now. I have about 1.5 stone to my target now. You sound well capable and determined so doubt you are going to fly it. I certainly have not been perfect and have often given up for days/weeks/months at a time but have four weddings to attend this year so they are my incentive. Don't forget with Slimming World you can give yourself interim targets - e.g 3 stone if 7 seems too overwhelming. Well done going to Zumba.. I think whatever SW says exercise is so important both for mind and body. I am making excuses now but my daughter has not been sleeping lately so only exercise I've been doing is walking so need to step that up..just a matter of getting off the bum!

Hi :)
Thanks for your reply!
Well done on losing 4 stone, I am sure you will smash the last 1.5stone ;)
I am looking forward to getting to know people here on the forum and getting some motivation and inspiration!
Josie xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back