Hi, ex slimming world dieter in need of some advice

Yasmine

One last chance
Hi, my name's Yasmine. I've recently been on a total food replacement diet called Lipotrim and I would like some advice or would like to hear from any of you who have been on Lipotrim or any other form of TFR.

I used to attend Slimming world and nearly lost 1 stone but I ended up leaving and because I didn't have time to go to the sessions.

I remember a little on the rules slimming world and I'm thinking of following either Slimming world, weight watchers or Calorie counting.

The one rule I remember being on Slimming World was eating is a must. But being on a TFR, it's got me a little worried. I can't just go and eat certain thigns just like that, because I have to be careful of my glycogen stores.

Would love some advice.

Amazing weight loss, well done you...

I've not been doing the diet long enough to advise you, but there are lot's of people on here who will pick this thread up and tell you what you want to know......I just wanted to congratulate on your loss.

Aww cheers love :). The hard part is keeping the bloody weight off! I've already gained 10lbs of water :(

You could take water retention tablets that flush your system more regular so you won't be bloated etc. They're natural :)

Also - I've just seen your 17 so you want to enjoy life - slimming world is the only plan I've ever done where I've felt more 'free' and able to make the most of my life and not be restricted.

Anyway good luck with what you decide. And congrats on your tremendous loss so far. You look AMAZING!

I can't just go and eat certain thigns just like that, because I have to be careful of my glycogen stores.
yasmine. I'm sorry to stalk you :eek:

But glycogen isn't going to be a concern now. From what you said on the other forum about your tough week, along with the water gain:hug99: that would indicate that you have put all the glycogen stores back on.

So basically, you are now back to normal :clap:

So you should be able to do any diet, just like anyone else without having to worry about raising carbs gradually.

I am glad to see you are looking for a plan, though still concerned that you might be too 'extreme' on it :(

So whatever you do, please follow the plan to the letter.

Hiya Yas!!!!!!!!

Fancy seeing you here! KD is 100% right, all your levels in your body will be back to normal having done refeed so you can get right onto doing any diet!

As for the water thing, i retain 8lbs of water always. The moment i stopped LT i put 7-8lbs on, it was always the same, even following refeed to the T. But that is just what your body needs to keep itself going. I know it might not sound nice and feels like you weigh heavier than you are, but when you come to the end of lt that is always the problem.

If you decide to start slimming world or any other plan, forget about water retention. You will start healthy eating at the weight you are now and you will lose any lbs of fat that need to go! You really can't have that much left on you that needs to go!

Slimming World is a great diet to follow as even though you are healthy eating, you aren't restricted and you can enjoy food again! It just needs a few adaptations! You have been on LT so so long now honey, i love the diet i really do, but it doesn't half mess with your head pyschologically so pleasssseee be careful with what you decide to do! :D xx

yasmine. I'm sorry to stalk you :eek:

But glycogen isn't going to be a concern now. From what you said on the other forum about your tough week, along with the water gain:hug99: that would indicate that you have put all the glycogen stores back on.

So basically, you are now back to normal :clap:

So you should be able to do any diet, just like anyone else without having to worry about raising carbs gradually.

I am glad to see you are looking for a plan, though still concerned that you might be too 'extreme' on it :(

So whatever you do, please follow the plan to the letter.
Hehe you're not stalking me, I'm glad that you are helping me out. Makes me feel like I'm being looked after :)

So it doesn't matter how much weight I lose, my weight will go back up because of glycogen?

You see, I also gained in inches so I take it I did also gain in fat.

Well, I'll be finishing Lipotrim this saturday and I'll be refeeding again. If my glycogen goes up 'back to normal', even though it looks as though I've gained weight, will I be able to bring my weight down by eating healthily and exercising?

If I do toning exercises, which I am fully aware that I'll gain weight in muscle, will it eventually go down?

Hiya Yas!!!!!!!!

Fancy seeing you here! KD is 100% right, all your levels in your body will be back to normal having done refeed so you can get right onto doing any diet!

As for the water thing, i retain 8lbs of water always. The moment i stopped LT i put 7-8lbs on, it was always the same, even following refeed to the T. But that is just what your body needs to keep itself going. I know it might not sound nice and feels like you weigh heavier than you are, but when you come to the end of lt that is always the problem.

If you decide to start slimming world or any other plan, forget about water retention. You will start healthy eating at the weight you are now and you will lose any lbs of fat that need to go! You really can't have that much left on you that needs to go!

Slimming World is a great diet to follow as even though you are healthy eating, you aren't restricted and you can enjoy food again! It just needs a few adaptations! You have been on LT so so long now honey, i love the diet i really do, but it doesn't half mess with your head pyschologically so pleasssseee be careful with what you decide to do! :D xx
I see, intersting, a bit of a bummer but interesting I suppose.

So what is it with the whole water thing? I still find it confusing. I asked some of the questions to KD, I need all the knowlegde I can get lol

there are a group of us who left CD and started SW and we are having similar problems, come and join us if you like CD and LL are v similar...
tx
I'd love to join :)

So it doesn't matter how much weight I lose, my weight will go back up because of glycogen?

It depends how you refeed. Go back to that first message I sent, and I suggested you gradually increased cals to restore your metabolism, but in doing so, still keeps the weight loss going.

Gradually increasing carbs, to restore your glycogen, but no gain on the scales because cals (although increasing) are still low enough for a loss (equals out).

End of refeed you should have glycogen restored, cals back to normal, and metabolism restored. But okay..yeah I know..life happens, so you've done it in a different order :D
You see, I also gained in inches so I take it I did also gain in fat.
If you have gained 10lbs in fat over 7 days, it would mean you have eaten approx 45,500 cals in that period. Now I've done some binges in my time, but think that I probably would have exploded on that amount :D, so it has to be water...maybe a pound or two of fat at the most if you went 'wild' with your binge.
If my glycogen goes up 'back to normal', even though it looks as though I've gained weight, will I be able to bring my weight down by eating healthily and exercising?
Yes, as long as calories out are more than calories in. SW, WW or most diets will do this in various ways. Don't go crazy though. Do it as set out. Because the refeed went a bit skewiff, you can't guarantee anything for a bit. You will need to be patient and relax.

If I do toning exercises, which I am fully aware that I'll gain weight in muscle, will it eventually go down?
You wont gain weight in muscle, because you are highly unlikely to gain muscle. It's very rare to gain any muscle on a weight reducing diet, especially if you are a women. Toning is great though and will help stop losing muscle :clap:

I see. Interesting. But I'm still confused on how I can't gain weight when increasing carbs and calories. It happened before.

I see. Interesting. But I'm still confused on how I can't gain weight when increasing carbs and calories. It happened before.

I didn't say you can't. it depends on how slowly you do it. If you increased 100 a week, from a VLCD, it is still low enough to lose weight and would stay that way until you got closer to maintenance cals.

So, say you lose only 2lbs because you increased your cals a little (so less loss that on a VLCD), and gained 1lb of glycogen/water...it would still mean a loss.

Gain 2lb of glycogen/water and you would have a STS.

But the body is weird. Hormones etc can change the water balance. a slight swing of a few ounces means nothing.

I think you gained 1lb didn't you? Could of been anything. could have vanished the next day, or a few days later.

It's just one of those things.

I think I said before, increase cals slowly. If weight increases and you are still eating the right amount of cals for that week, ignore it and it'll probably come off.

Have a cheat, then just stay on that same week for another week...just don't try to go backwards, cos that can mess with the head/body/ and start binging problems etc.

You do really need to relax Yasmine and not let those scales rule your behaviour around food quite so quickly. Use logic hun.

Anyway, getting back to the original topic. SW, WW or CC would suit you fine, just be patient, relax and be kind to yourself ;)

Hi slightly concerned about you....have been in thought modes like that in past but basically when you re feed following any restrictive diet/fast your body will hold on to what you put in it because it feels starved you will gain weight whether its water or fat, probably both but after the 1st 7-10 days your body's metabolism starts to work properly at top rate so you will lose that weight then esp if you follow regular healthy eating like SW, trust me Ive been there and it is scientific fact :)

You look wonderful! It's just keeping it that way, and the only way to do that is with food!

Hi there

I need help I never lose on sw and when I do it is 1lb per week don't understand the logic of it and am doing e/easy can anybody help me?

Hi! I'm not sure why you have posted on this thread as it is 18 months old. Some other people have responded on your other thread so take a look at their replies. But basically 1 or 2lbs a week is great going and what is recommended for healthy and sustainable weight loss. Even losing a pound a week adds up to nearly 4 stone over a year.

Back