Hi from a new member

Wannabethin1979

Hi there !

I joined SW last Thursday 16th June - I need to lose 5st to get to my goal weight.

I am 31 years old and a mummy to 3 gorgeous kids. DS1 is almost 6, DS2 is almost 4 and DD has just turned 1 :)

I've been following the plan and hope it going as well as I think.

My question is though that my consultant said to try and stick to 10 syns a day. A couple of days I've had around 8-9 but for the past 3 days I've only had around 3 syns as I just don't need them. IF I do need them one week will it affect my weight loss loads ? Am wondering whether I should use some more so that if I do eat more one day it won't matter - does that make sense ?

Hope to get to know you all better - have been doing a few meals from the Extra Easy cookbook and even my DH says the meals are gorgeous. Last night we had the Spicy Chicken, Spinach and Potato Curry and he said it doesn't like it came from an Indian takeaway :)

From

Jenny x

Hi Jenny,
Welcome and well done on joining SW, it's a great diet, and I find fits in really well with family meals.
I never stick to a set amount of syns, but count them more on a weekly basis, so, somewhere between 70 - 105 syns a week. I use very little of them on food, but make the most of being able to have wine at weekends.
Lynne x

hi there you can do it either way daily or weekly whichever fits in with your lifestyle best

Hiya and welcome :)
I tend to have my syns daily, a lot have them weekly though.
The recommendation used to be 5 - 15 syns a day, never lower than 5. SW now recommend 10 syns a day but I've not heard a lower amount since EE came along.

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't use them, but they are the one thing that you can cut down on if you ever reach a plateau or want a bit of a boost.

Good luck.

I barely manage to fit in even half of my syns on most days, although usually I end up balancing that out by letting go one day a week (usually a friday). I think quite a lot of people store up their syns and go on a bit of a blow-out once a week - its good for morale and doesn't really seem to hurt weightlosses the rest of the week either :)

Back