Hi from Martin

Hi all, I have returned to slimming world after a few years, after the pounds have climbed aboard and I have also developed gout at a relatively young age. I serve in the RAF and live in Staffordshire. I want to look good naked : )

welcome aboard, have fun i have only just started my SW journey.. :) Good luck and have fun..

Welcome Martin.

Well done on starting again - I've just done the same and I'm into my second week now.

This forum is incredibly supportive and motivational, it's really helped me stay on track, I'm sure you'll find the same.

Try keeping a food diary and checking others SW diaries for tips and ideas.

Good luck! :)

The trick is to make it fit in with 'real life', but that is definitely easier said than done. Unhealthy, high fat convenience food is so easy to get hold of, whereas healthy low fat food just isn't readily available.

Planning in advance and being really organised is the only way to keep on track, but we CAN do this! :)

Hi all, I have returned to slimming world after a few years, after the pounds have climbed aboard and I have also developed gout at a relatively young age. I serve in the RAF and live in Staffordshire. I want to look good naked : )

Well done for climbing back onboard. A shame about the gout, I don't know very much about it - is it easy to control? I must say I admire your ambition lol!

lass321 said:
Well done for climbing back onboard. A shame about the gout, I don't know very much about it - is it easy to control? I must say I admire your ambition lol!

It's not too bad, have to take allopurinol to lower uric acid in blood. There are definitely worse things to cope with. Diet helps also. I swim a lot so that keeps up the flexibility. How r u getting on?

It's not too bad, have to take allopurinol to lower uric acid in blood. There are definitely worse things to cope with. Diet helps also. I swim a lot so that keeps up the flexibility. How r u getting on?

Hey - I'm doing OK - this dieting is easier in the planning than the implementation, but plodding on and meeting some success. I hope you are going well and feeling good.

Hi Martin !!! I to have recently gone back onto Sw after losing 8 st on it first time round in 2004 !!!! I did manage to keep it off for about 5 years but have packed 7st of it back on since . Good luck !!!!!!

Back