Hi, I'm new

Hi, My name is Vicki, I'm 21 and live in gloucester. I did slimming world 3 years ago and lost 2 stone however then I got pregnant and put on 5.5 stone and lost a stone after then got pregnant again and stayed the same weight.
So I am back on slimming world as of friday (7th feb)! Hoping to shift about 7 stone though, I am having abit extra though as I am still breastfeeding my 5 month old.
My biggest reason for losing weight is that I am getting married later in the year and would really like it if I could be the same size or smaller then I was when me and my fiance first got together!!
Looking forward to getting to know you all and losing lots of weight :)

Welcome!
Good luck with SW - im sure you'll look fab for your wedding!

Hello love....welcome and good luck! This forum is stacked with answers to any questions you have and the people are lovely with lots of support to give :) all the best x x

Good luck! The breastfeeding will help burn those calories! I am doing extended breastfeeding, so I understand you need that little bit extra also.

Thanks pkjellybean, I hoped running around after a toddler and pushing a double buggy or wearing one of them in a sling combined with breastfeeding would burn alot but umm, it didn't, or if it did I ate too much and it overrode(is that a word) the weightloss. How long have you been bfing? I bf'd my first 8 months but she self weaned, I was 3 months pregnant and my milk went abit funny I think. I'm hoping to continue to feed my youngest until she self weans aswell, I practice natural parenting as best I can.
Thankyou to everyone else aswell :)
And Natt, no you don't really smell :) your lovely, and I need to speak to you about this uni thing, free tuesday evening? x

Hi Pinky

I've been breastfeeding for around two years and seven months, just mornings and evenings. We'll be winding it down once he turns three, though, as it's getting to the stage where I think it's more habit for him than anything else.

I think I probably counteracted the breastfeeding/weight loss benefits, too! But now I'm more committed, I definitely think it's helping!

Well done you on feeding that long! I wanted to bf both to atleast one year but with my eldest it never happened and with the youngest she is having 3 meals a day and 3 bf's a day so I have started offering her cooled boiled water in between meals, She just isn't fussed I don't think. She likes a feed first thing, one mid afternoon to get her to sleep and one at bed time again to get her to sleep. I just hope she keeps up those 3 for a while lol.

Back