Hi - I'm new

Hi there, have to agree with you there everyone is so supportive. What program are you doing?

Have you just started or been doing it for a while?

My start date was 9 July - I was very active, lots of exercise, and I injured my hip badly about 18 months ago (running injury). I've stopped running, and had to stop quite a lot of the exercise, but was still eating like I was exercising! I've never dieted in my life, but decided that I needed to stop the weight gain in it's tracks (hence my username!). I've not weighed myself again since 9 July, so I have no idea how I'm doing!

Hi! Wishing you good luck! xxx :D

Sorry to hear about your injury. Are you going to weigh in weekly? Your so good not getting on the scales. I am notorious for weighing myself everyday. It's bad I know but helps me to stay on track so I figure whatever works.

Hi there. I'm new to the forum too and have just started my journey today.
I'm going to try and weigh in weekly, but like Kim...i can't seem to stay off the scales! lol
Cross fingers I can...coz i get discouraged when i see fluctuations even if on weigh in day i've lost. So i need to stay off them until its my official weigh in day.
Good luck on the remainder of your journey!

Thank you everyone! And good luck to you too, Wheelndeal77.

I have really had to force myself not to get on the scales - this morning I really, really, really wanted to, but I managed to distract myself! I will be really upset if I have lost nothing on Saturday .... I felt really hungry last night, and just went to bed as I'd had all my calories for the day - not sure if it was hunger or just feeling a bit 'nibbly' when I was watching the Apprentice!

Am going to exercise today (in a minute, actually) so will have a little more calories to play with.

hi all,
I no im the same as stopping it in its tracks, i have to buy a weighing scales so that i can weigh myself in every week!!!! Good luck :)

Put the scales in a cupboard. It's what I have to do! I often go past that cupboard, however, and think "Oh just once won't hurt". Managed to stop myself so far! 5 weeks in, lost 11lbs, and hopefully a bit more at weigh-in on Saturday!

Everyone here's really helpful. We're all in the same boat! Good luck stoppingitinitstracks. You can do it! :)

Back