Hi I'm new

I'm determined to get to a weight where I'm happier and I've got more energy to do the things I want to do.

I've lost some weight but have a long way to go. I would appreciate some help in reaching my goal and will support back too :)

After two weeks on the beginning of the journey to a slimmer and healthier me, I am 5lbs slimmer.

I have discovered that I do have the will power to eat healthier and not take the easy option of grabbing a packet of crisps or bar of chocolate when peckish. I have realised that I eat things out of habit - a few biscuits with my tea or having a hot lunch with pudding at work as it's 'free'.

As I've seen the numbers go slowly down on the scale it's motivated me to plan my meals ahead and take in my own lunches to work. With extra walking and trying not to use the car I am getting my exercise as I don't have the time to go to a gym.

I had a nearly 2 pound loss for week one and 3 pound loss for my week two, hopefully I'll see another few pounds loss this coming week.

Just before Christmas we had 3 mini breaks which were all inclusive so in my mind they were "free" and ate and drank accordingly then came Christmas - holiday in Spain etc. Now had to make better choices as I have seen what happened in such a short time.
You are doing brilliantly - do they not have lower cal foods at work that you could add some of your own? Really not good when others get theirs free and you have to take your own.:)

They have plain salad and jacket potatoes but it's the extras that get me everytime!

They do have a 4 week menu up on the notice board so it's maybe a case of me taking a photo of it on my phone so I can plan ahead and make better choices.

Also it's the guessing of the calories in everything that I worry about - maybe I'll just overestimate everything to be on the safe side!

I always "guesstimate" on the higher side. I have a small note book in which I write down the weight and cals of all the foods I like but I tend to know by now what I should and should not eat but like you the extras do me all the time when other people are cooking my food. My MIL adds loads of butter to veg so now when we go there I do the cooking.

I'll definitely over guesstimate as I start getting used to eating foods others have cooked.
Out on trips all this week so lots of walking! :D

2.5 lbs loss this week:0icanfly:
Gave myself a few setbacks earlier on in the week.
We'd ate dinner and late evening the family decided to order Pizza, chips etc!!
It looked delicious and I ate a slice - no chips though! ended up over my days calorie allowance. Put that with eating extra as we were out on day trips with work, I didn't think I'd have a loss this week.

Told myself to write off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and start fresh from Wednesday. So stuck to my eating plans rigidly, walked a bit extra and thankfully got back on track.

Well done - always nice when you do better than you thought and just shows that with a bit of effort a naughty food day doesn't have to ruin things :D

Back