Hi - Just joined

janie215

Hi everyone,
Ive just joined SW after putting on 3 stone when I stopped Lighter Life.

Im a bit confused by it all at the moment but Im sure it will become clearer as time goes on.

I was just wondering what everyone did each day? do you decide the night before what day your going to have i.e. - green, original etc? or just decided as you go through the day?

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Janie xxxx

janie215 said:
Hi everyone,
Ive just joined SW after putting on 3 stone when I stopped Lighter Life.

Im a bit confused by it all at the moment but Im sure it will become clearer as time goes on.

I was just wondering what everyone did each day? do you decide the night before what day your going to have i.e. - green, original etc? or just decided as you go through the day?

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Janie xxxx

Hello and welcome, we're all lovely here =).

I used to be able to plan my meals each week, which meant i planned my healthy extras and what plan i would be on each day. However since leaving uni and starting full time shift work thats basically impossible so i have to take each day at a time (and food however it comes now i'm back home xD).

Either way, its been working for me when i've been 100% on plan =). Good luck, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly x

Hi I always do extra easy, but I plan my meals at the beginning of each week and then sort fruit etc out each night for the next day - helps me stick to plan.

Ive been on the plan for 7 weeks. I have always just had some free food in the house like spaghetti hoops and low fat supernoodles just in case I don't have time or effort to plan dinner. When I get home from work I will pick dinner for the night, usually steak or chicken with no fat. I never plan ahead as thinking about food too much just makes me hungry and want it all. At work I just usually stop off at the shop and get fruit and veg for the day or have some free chicken. If you try and eat well the majority of the day, if you slip at night you can just syn it xx

I am veggie and only do GREEN days so it takes a little more planning or else you end up with beans on toast, eggs or jacket potatoes every day.:sigh:

So I do plan a couple of days in advance but have things I can eat in an emergency - never buy biscuits, chocolate or crisps etc or they would be eaten but do buy Weight Watchers or Highights Hot Chocolate drinks from £1 shop and have those instead of eating bars of chocolate.

Welcome to SW! I am on Ee & always write a weekly menu so that I know what to buy (it saves money) and you can use all the ingredients you buy & not be left with 1/2 packs of food left over.
Take a look on this forum for hundreds of recipes for Ee, Original or Green.
Good luck & don't be afraid to ask any questions...........
Pete

I tend to plan in the morning when I'm slurping my first cuppa. I'll look what's in fridge that needs using first then get out any meat etc from the freezer that I'll need so it can defrost. I only do EE so it's fairly easy to plan!! I'm too much of a carnivore for green and I miss my spuds too much on red!! I just buy whatever fruit an veg is currently on offer (I shop twice a week) and keep the freezer stocked with chicken mince pork etc. And I always cook freezable recipes for 4 and freeze 2 so at least twice a week I fetch a curry or a chilli out and nuke it lol

Keeping some frozen veg is always handy too. Bag of chopped peppers chopped onions and sliced mushrooms in the freezer and you will always have the base for something cheap an quick!!

I only do green as a rule and I try and do a vague plan at the start of the week, leaving room for change if we get invited out for dinner or something. Changing days does require a bit of prep though as I've found out today, first day doing anything but green! I went shopping last night, made sure I had what I needed in so hopefully I can get through today without having a meltdown haha ;)

Hope you enjoy SW! x

I do mixed green and ee and we in my house plan what we're gonna have for tea only maybe a day in advance or on the day. I always do extra easy if I'm gonna be eating out as green day options are a bit more difficult! Apart from jacket spuds lol

I can't plan weekly menus I'm not organised enough :( they boggle my brain lol

Thanks for all your tips - Im not a very organised person and my Husband does most of the cooking in our house so Im finding it all a bit tricky. I did a big shop mid week and got lots of things for recipes from the magazine but my Husband has used all the ingredients in cooking what he wants to cook - hey ho! Tomorrow is another day and Im determined to get back on track! :)

Hi janie. My OH does all the cooking he does a meal planner for evening meal at beginning of week so I plan my days round these. Always look night before a write out a food diary for next day. If I'm working I sort my lunch and any snacks, prep fruit etc. I find it works for me cause I can eat everything in my cool bag without having to think about it.

Different things work for different people but planning is key. Good luck

Back