Hi - Just starting my SW journey

Hi everyone, as the title says I'm am just starting out on SW. I've been a dieter for as long as I can remember, mostly calorie counting or WW. Had success in the past with WW after the birth of my children but have found that its just not for me any more, I'm always hungry on it and tend to get cravings and just end up eating rubbish again. I was recommended SW by a friend, who has lost 3 stone so far. I'm really trying to get out of the yo yo dieting!!

So I'm 42, married with 3 children. I'm 5ft 9" and weighed in last week at 14st 12lb. It's the heaviest I've been since I was pregnant, I'm really not feeling myself and I want the weight shifted. Ideally I would like to lose 3 stone, but The first target I've set myself is a stone. I really want to get into my head that this is for life and not a quick fix solution.

ive been reading through the forum for a few days and have been really inspired by the stories and pictures on here.

This is my 5th day on the diet and I'm feeling good. Haven't had any cravings yet and I'm managing to stick to the rules. I'm following the EE plan on some days and the Green plan on others. Having been a WW for years it's difficult not tot hunk about counting calories or points but I'm being mindful of my portion sizes and trying to listen to my body more.

i haven't felt this motivated to start a diet in a long time. I'm fed up of eating rubbishy and feeling rubbish. Would welcome any feedback and support from anyone and I'll keep you posted on my weigh ins etc.

thanks for reading
DG
x

good luck Daisygirl, and welcome to the group.:welcome:

xxx

Hello! Welcome to the SW group!

I could have pretty much written your post. I've been on SW for almost 3 weeks and feeling like this is really suiting me and especially my family. I have 2 boys, 5 yrs and 15 months.

Best of luck with it hun, hope you have finally found the answer! xx

Hi both and thanks for your warm welcome.
my kids are 18, 16 and 11 so I can't blame my lbs on the baby weight anymore!
i know I've only been doing the diet 5 days but I feel better in myself already. Had no alcohol the weekend, didn't even open my Mother's Day bottle of wine!
i decided to try SW last week as I just got to the point where I was fed up of eating rubbish and not feeling satisfied. I've also been feeling really tired lately, again, I think some of that is due to my crappy diet.
I'm hoping by weighing on a Wednesday and posting here it's going to help me to stay motivated this time!

Hi, this forum has seen me onto my 3rd week 100% and lost 10lb so far.
I come on here if i fancy picking and I think it's brill. My family are supportive which helps on mothers day we did a free food Buffett it was great and we missed out on nothing. Definitely a change for life :)

Welcome to the SW group!

It's been the only plan I've actually enjoyed & found suits me after years of starting and failing after a couple if weeks lol!

The forums here are fab too lots of info & inspiration :) just what you need some days.

Having put on weight & lost all fitness after a bad couple of years health wise SW has totally won me over, bags more energy, actually working out loads & feeling healthier every week. Just over a stone lost so far, slow & steady so hoping that it stays gone.

I hope you have the same happy experience as I've had so far. Good luck x

Hi Daisygirl, I am new aswell, tomorrow night is my second weigh in, I lost 2 pounds in my first week. I used to do Scottish Slimmers and lost almost 3 stone but put it all back on and more :(...I got bored of Scottish Slimmers and was tired of counting calories. I'm loving Slimming World so far. best of luck to you x

Hi ladies, I'm a new girl 2! Bin my first weigh in today & lost 2.5lb so happy with that. Really njoyed the plan last week but agree its hard to not count points or cals wen uve bin doin it for so long. I've just made tomato soup & quiche syn free - yippee!! Think this forum is fab. It's nice yo know we're all together & pretty much all face the same bumps along the way xx

Hi ladies, I'm a new girl 2! Bin my first weigh in today & lost 2.5lb so happy with that. Really njoyed the plan last week but agree its hard to not count points or cals wen uve bin doin it for so long. I've just made tomato soup & quiche syn free - yippee!! Think this forum is fab. It's nice yo know we're all together & pretty much all face the same bumps along the way xx

Well done on your first week :)

Hi everyone. Well done the new girls on your first weigh ins. Mines tomorrow. Feeling a bit nervous. I've been following EE and been doing good, It's just taken a few days to get used to what I can and can't eat. I got my period today (hope that doesn't affect my weigh in!) but I've had no cravings for sugar chocolate and bread like I usually do so something must be working!
So ill be back tomorrow evening to let you all know how I get on! Fingers crossed!:)

Morning all, weighed last night and I lost my first 2.5 lb so pretty pleased with that. I'm trying to get my mind focused that this is a long term solution for a change and not a quick fix.
Feeling so much better in myself already, a healthier diet definitely suits me, I'm not so tired and I just feel better generally.
havent got any major hurdles this week, just going to my mums on Saturday to watch the rugby so will make something sin free to take and save some points so I can have a few Vodkas and diet cokes.
hope you are all staying on track!
thanks for reading.

ps - how do I get one of those pretty weight loss banners for my post?

Morning all, weighed last night and I lost my first 2.5 lb so pretty pleased with that. I'm trying to get my mind focused that this is a long term solution for a change and not a quick fix.
Feeling so much better in myself already, a healthier diet definitely suits me, I'm not so tired and I just feel better generally.
havent got any major hurdles this week, just going to my mums on Saturday to watch the rugby so will make something sin free to take and save some points so I can have a few Vodkas and diet cokes.
hope you are all staying on track!
thanks for reading.

ps - how do I get one of those pretty weight loss banners for my post?

Well done Daisygirl! Think planning is the key xx

Back