Hi - Newbie on Slimming World

liverpoolrose

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say hello, I'm on week 3 of Slimming World, doing Extra Easy. I'm hoping to lose 2 stone.

Look forward to 'meeting' you all.

Bev

:wavey:

Hi. I joined sw online last week but feel I need to go to at least one class to get the hang of it. Disappointed they don't post out the booklets. U have to download them and print them yourself so they r not reader friendly. Got my goldcard at ww years ago but have put about a stone and a half back on. Would love to loose about 16 lbs. good luck everyone!

Love this forum so far only joined it yesterday am going to my first sw class on Thursday need to lose around 2 st maybe more now :( good luck to us all anyone want a diet buddy I'm around lol once I start that is hehehe

Rejoining slimming world tomorrow after taking a year+ out of the eating plan, been referred for stomach surgery by my orthapaedic doctor but want to give myself a head start and see how I go rejoining.. Lisa i'm around if you want a diet buddy :) Good luck everyone x

Sw has definitely changed my way of thinking about food. Eating much more fruit and veg which is great. Made a chilli tonight and usually I might put in a pepper with one onion and one tin of tomatoes. Tonight I put 2 onions, 2 peppers, loads of mushrooms, a grated carrot and 2 tins of tomatoes. Kids loved it so it's really satisfying that we,re all eating much healthier

Hey everyone! I've recently just started slimming world again I'm finding planning meals the most difficult. I wire really silly shifts but I'm trying to be more organised!! I'm hoping to loose about 3 stone! I'll happily be someone's slimming buddy! ?
Sarah x

Little_Angel said:
Rejoining slimming world tomorrow after taking a year+ out of the eating plan, been referred for stomach surgery by my orthapaedic doctor but want to give myself a head start and see how I go rejoining.. Lisa i'm around if you want a diet buddy :) Good luck everyone x

What kind of surgery if you don't mind me asking ?

Hi Sarah,

I rejoined SW in July so am a little way into my weight loss journey now! But I work shifts and its a nightmare, I find I have to be planning at least two days ahead which makes it hard, also sometimes with work I find stopping to eat difficult (I work in palliative care and visit patients in their homes so can't stop to snack there!)

Happy to make some Slimming Buddies, finding it harder now that I have been doing it for a bit....motivation not the food the food is great

Nikki x

Hi nikki

Yeah I work in supported living so by the time I've stopped running round like an idiot it's 11 at night! Aye forward thinking is the key, I'm being quite organised this week so I should be ok at weigh in next week! Fingers crossed!
Sarah x

Hi nikki

Yeah I work in supported living so by the time I've stopped running round like an idiot it's 11 at night! Aye forward thinking is the key, I'm being quite organised this week so I should be ok at weigh in next week! Fingers crossed!
Sarah x

Well you will have to let me know your progress, the shifts are hard and sometimes even with planning don't always work out! I now take a big box of fruit to nibble on as i drive so if I can't stop then at least I don't come home really hungry. Someone mentioned cooking up an omlette and cutting into bite size bits which you can eat as you go along so I may try that! But any ideas for on the road are welcome! Salad is a def. no no in a car LOL x

Hey nikki

I might try the box of fruit at work tomorrow :) and I'd pay good money to watch anyone eating a salad whilst driving! Haha! Well I wen weigh in after not going for 2 weeks and eating my own body weight in rubbish food and I've lost 3lb so am feeling very happy ATM ? just hoping I can get at least 5lb off next week! :)
I'm wanting to get down to a size 12/14 for my wedding in 2 years time so got a bit of motivation to keep me going :) xx

Hey!!

I joined Slimming World on October 3rd and will have my third meeting on Wednesday.

I'm also doing Extra Easy.

Any advice, hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to you all. I would just say that make sure wherever possible to not have any temptations in the house i.e loads of bars of cholate, bags of crisps etc. You should always have plenty of fruit laying about as its the easiest thing to grab when you feel peckish also muller light yogurts are a good go to.

As for meals i have found a whole new world has opened up by using spices in my food so i would say every week when you go shopping just keep buying a couple and you will soon build up a good collection that will last you ages some that i use are cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, tikka, tandori, mild curry, hot curry, paprika, smokey paprika, cayanne pepper, thyme, oregano, parsley, garamasala, chilli flakes i also have most of the swartz range. You can loads cheap at Aldi, B&M bargains, Home bargains and i get alot from Morrisons to. Other things to have are tobasco sauce, light soy sauce (great on salmon) worcestershire sauce and stock cubes.

I would also suggest making meals in bulk. I make chilli con carnes, curries, home made burgers in advance. Chilli con carne i make a massive batch that makes 5 meals worth in one go so you can freeze some or always leave one in the fridge if you feel hungry just zap it in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Hey nikki

I might try the box of fruit at work tomorrow :) and I'd pay good money to watch anyone eating a salad whilst driving! Haha! Well I wen weigh in after not going for 2 weeks and eating my own body weight in rubbish food and I've lost 3lb so am feeling very happy ATM ? just hoping I can get at least 5lb off next week! :)
I'm wanting to get down to a size 12/14 for my wedding in 2 years time so got a bit of motivation to keep me going :) xx

I bin poorly sick with a tummy Bug so you would think it helps but no! I seem to be heavier according to my scales! So at a loss this morning to take anything to work I would like to snuggle back up in bed! Excellent motivation your wedding though think about your dream dress and how that will look and this will spur you on, off to work so chat soon x

Hi and welcome to you all. I would just say that make sure wherever possible to not have any temptations in the house i.e loads of bars of cholate, bags of crisps etc. You should always have plenty of fruit laying about as its the easiest thing to grab when you feel peckish also muller light yogurts are a good go to.

As for meals i have found a whole new world has opened up by using spices in my food so i would say every week when you go shopping just keep buying a couple and you will soon build up a good collection that will last you ages some that i use are cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, tikka, tandori, mild curry, hot curry, paprika, smokey paprika, cayanne pepper, thyme, oregano, parsley, garamasala, chilli flakes i also have most of the swartz range. You can loads cheap at Aldi, B&M bargains, Home bargains and i get alot from Morrisons to. Other things to have are tobasco sauce, light soy sauce (great on salmon) worcestershire sauce and stock cubes.

I would also suggest making meals in bulk. I make chilli con carnes, curries, home made burgers in advance. Chilli con carne i make a massive batch that makes 5 meals worth in one go so you can freeze some or always leave one in the fridge if you feel hungry just zap it in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Firstly Super well done for such great losses and determination, I have to agree with the spices and the new food options SW makes me think in advance as to what to eat and the family are now eating much healthier too! I will take your advice to freezing foods as then the kids can merrily throw them in the microwave rather than eating junk food!

x

Firstly Super well done for such great losses and determination, I have to agree with the spices and the new food options SW makes me think in advance as to what to eat and the family are now eating much healthier too! I will take your advice to freezing foods as then the kids can merrily throw them in the microwave rather than eating junk food!

x

I have always had an entire cupboard devoted to herbs, spices, different sauces (not condiments) etc. It helps to add a little extra flavour to things, especially chicken which can be boring if you have it a lot. I've even combined tubs with a mixture of different spices to get incredible flavours. I'm also forever freezing foods. I make HUGE batches of things like soup, bolognese, stew, curry, etc and as there is only my hubby and me (he eats meals at work five days a week - works in a restaurant) the freezer has become a life saver.

I have always had an entire cupboard devoted to herbs, spices, different sauces (not condiments) etc. It helps to add a little extra flavour to things, especially chicken which can be boring if you have it a lot. I've even combined tubs with a mixture of different spices to get incredible flavours. I'm also forever freezing foods. I make HUGE batches of things like soup, bolognese, stew, curry, etc and as there is only my hubby and me (he eats meals at work five days a week - works in a restaurant) the freezer has become a life saver.

I think I may need a bigger Freezer :p I have three kids all benefitting from healthier dinners and I love cooking as well, If I had done as you do whilst feeling a bit off colour this week they could have carried on and not eaten naughty foods! definately going to give this plan a go and with my shifts it can only help in the long run!

Good luck with your continued weight loss it's hard work being good :superwoman:
:p

I asked my hubby if we could get a chest freezer for our anniversary. Lol. He told me I should just eat what I have already prepared. Shame that half the time O fancy something a little different. Lol.

Tomorrow for example, I'm going to try fish curry. Tell him it's chicken though. He doesn't like fish. Lol.

Back