Hi, Newbie

Hi

I posted in the introduction section but I thought I'd post here aswell as I'm not sure where to post lol :D

Loads of weight to lose, very confused with SW no idea how much I can eat. Obviously I have issues with food so telling me I can "eat as much as I want" is like opening the floodgates lol

Rice? Pasta? As much as I want? :eek: so 3 platefulls will do me lol :D

Anyway, starving and wasting away here (I wish lol) I hope I can get to understand SW because I seriously need to lose about 10 stone this year.

Thanks for reading :scale:

Hiya welcome to the forum and SW. You will find many posts on this site where our new members, who have the same concerns as you.

Just take your time to understand the plan and take one day at a time.

Good luck with your SW journey and if you need any help just give holler and someone will be here to help

Loads of weight to lose, very confused with SW no idea how much I can eat. Obviously I have issues with food so telling me I can "eat as much as I want" is like opening the floodgates lol

Rice? Pasta? As much as I want? :eek: so 3 platefulls will do me lol :D

Hello and welcome to the board! Yes, you can eat as much free food as you want but bear in mind that if you're doing extra easy you need to have a third of your plate 'superfree' i.e. fruit or veg (no starchy veg like potatoes though). It's a very good idea to follow this rule if you're following red/green too. You'll find that the veg will fill you up too so you'll eat less of the pasta and rice than you think. As the weight drops you might find that you naturally want smaller portions too. Hope you get on with SW - it really is a great plan. Welcome!

Welcome Fancy Pants.

You can have very large portions on SW if you need to (plenty of us here do) but you need to make sure that 1/3 of your plate is superfree if you are doing EE and also you are encouraged to as much as you need to rather than as much as you want to. However as another poster said above you may well find that over time, your portion sizes will naturally reduce and you won't need to or want to eat as much. Mine have started to but it has taken a while !

I would also encourage you to be realistic about what you want to lose. That way you can be really proud of what you achieve. If you set your targets too high, there is a danger that you may be disappointed with what you achieve rather than ecstatic and proud of what you've achieved.

Anyway, I'm so glad that you made the decision to join SW and wish you all the very best of luck.

Gail x

You'll love it on here. I go to group and stay for the meeting but there's fabulous inspiration, recipes , hints and just a person to talk to on here sometimes that is all you need!! It really is good

Back