Hi There New Year New Start

Hi, im Helen I have just ordered my 1 months supply to start on 1st January I have done this diet before but only for 1 week, my heart wasn't in it, so I like to think this is my first proper go at it hoping I can stick to it.

I hope there are more starting on this date as its usually popular (it seems a bit quiet on here at the mo but it is Christmas so its to be expected lol ) and hopefully we can keep each other going. I put on a lot of weight after having my first child I was a healthy size 12 before and would like to get back to this size he is now 10 years old! and I had two more children after him and got even bigger with each pregnancy so hopefully 2015 will be my year to get back to a normal size, Merry Christmas and see you in the new year! xx

Hi Helen. I'm Debi and I have just received my food pack to start next week too. I've never done a VLCD before and I am both excited and terrified for various reasons:
1. I've done so many diets and even when I have stuck to them, my loss has been so slow, I have given up after a couple of months. I am so scared that this won't work for me and if so, if this extreme doesn't do the trick, I guess nothing will.
2. I love fresh food and guess I shall find giving up fruit and veg really difficult - but not impossible!
3. I'm nervous about whether eating so few calories is dangerous for the body and will cause any lasting problems.

this really does feel like my last hope to get to a healthy weight so it will be great to share the journey with you x

Hi Debi thanks for the reply,
i'm the same never really stuck to a diet for very long but hopefully we can keep each other motivated and stay on track and keep going to get this weight off.

I do know it is very hard for a least the first 3-5 days until you hit ketosis (I think) but that it does get easier then the results follow and most people I've seen do get quite good losses the first few weeks and that should keep us motivated (and for me out of the biscuit tin lol )

Looking forward to being weight loss buddies. Helen x

Hi.
im starting Monday! I did this diet 2 years ago and lost 2 stone in 6 weeks then I fell pregant, and put it all on again. Luckily I have a managed to lose all that weight (although put 5lb on over xmas) just by eating less.
i now want to get back down to my ideal weight, would love to lose another 2 stone by my sons 1st birthday on the 26th feb.
how are you both getting on?

Hi ladies. My name is Charlotte. I have my packs arriving on mon, currently finishing off shake that weight packs. Need to try a little harder to lose the weight, so hoping a change of plan will do the trick. I came off plan most of Dec and put on about 7lb. Still, have lost a stone so not comparing too much. Just need to get back on track. I think I have just over a week supply of STW packs, so going to use those up first. Will be spending my time on here though. Hope that's on with everyone.
Charlie xx

Hi bikinibody2013 and Charlotte.
I have not had a very good start im afraid im so disappointed in my self!
I put my start date to the 2nd as my family were round on the first and we had a meal so I thought that's it my last meal, fresh start on the 2nd stick to it, and all started well had drank lots of water and had banoffee porridge for breakfast which I enjoyed then all went wrong at lunch time I had the four cheese pasta which I could not eat and went in the fridge and ate some salmon left over (just oven baked so not so bad) but there was parsnips in there as well so I ate them and then had a slice of brownie pudding.

So I drew a line under day 1 started again yesterday again all went well until I ate a sandwich! (seriously im like an unstoppable monster)

So today day 3 (but really day1 again!) going really well so far I really like the lemon yoghurt shake. I am now regretting getting 9 four cheese pastas in my months pack and I have 9 carbonara although I haven't tried it yet hoping its better than the 4 cheese pasta.

Now I think I should change title to new year same old me cant stick to a diet for even a day! I will keep you posted if I last till tomorrow or dare I say the next day.
I should say im doing the 3 packs and meal today im having a little bit of turkey sprouts and an oxo cube. I am otherwise doing the simplicity plan. Good luck with your star tomorrow.
Helen xxx

How are you getting on Charlie (sorry that post was a bit self centred) you have done really well to have only put on 7lbs the whole of December I think I put that on in the days leading up to the first on a I have to eat everything before I go on my diet rampage.
I haven't heard of shake the weight I imagine its just the same as s&s. Hope your doing well. Helen x

Back