Holiday dilemma...

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
It will be my 2 year wedding anniversary on 11th Oct and like last year we wanted to mark it with a holiday (we decided a long time back thats how we would celebrate our anniversary each year... just the two of us and all that jazz)

BUTTT this year we are both doing the ss so not eating...we started the diet last wednesday... so it will be 2.5 weeks when we go on hols.

we havent hardly started the diet yet and im already thinking about time off it... but we still really want to go on holiday. the options are to go and do ss on holiday.... or to take a week off it... orrr.. to do 2 shakes and have a meal each evening...

or not go at all :(

i really want to go on this holiday because my husband and i have had a really hard year in many respects and we really need that time away to be together and just take a break from our hectic lives!

any advice??

thank u in advance

You need to check that its okay, but you can take the powder shakes and bars with you in your checked in luggage so its still possible to do the diet.

Its your choice whether to come off of the diet or not, however, speaking from experience when having been on holiday, its very hard to get back on CD :) well, it was for me anyway - I love my wine and found it hard to say goodbye to it again after such a nice reunion with it while I was away! he he

This one is always a dilemma, I take it that you are looking at going abroad?? I am going on holiday in 4 weeks time so would have completed 6.5 weeks of the diet prior to departure, I too thought about what I will do whilst away and have planned to eat low carb and low fat, allowing alcohol but not everyday ( we are going for 3weeks so more than doable) as we are going to Thailand I just can't not have the local cuisine. Also they have a state of the art gym in the hotel which i will use everyday. That said I am getting straight on the wagon on my return. And just incase my head thinks differently I have enough incentive as I am going on holiday with my best mate in March, who is naturally thin and taller than me and I am determined we will not celebrate our 40th birthdays with her looking fab an fit, whilst I look fat and frumpy!!!!!!
Good luck on your decision. Talk to your CDC and possibly change plan slightly until you go on holiday and see if you can implement an even higher step whilst your away.
Dolly x

see the thing is neither of us drink so that wont be an issue at all... and we're not planning on going anywhere spectacular like thailand (lucky you) will probably somewhere like greece or cyprus.

its such a tough one. will speak to cdc tomorrow and see what she says...

thanx for the advice guys xx

Blimey,that is a toughie,I dont know what i would do,good luck with that xx

why not eat low carb. fresh food in greece and cyprus is wonderful. chicken, salad, meat in general without sauces. fish. eggs. etc

Sounds like you are both really focussed on the diet and it would be a shame to undo the good work you have done so far.
I think the protein and green salad option is best especially if you can take some shakes with you to keep your head in the diet. If its hot it should be easy to drink plenty of water too.
Good luck with whatever you decide and we'll all be here to help you when you get back.
M x

I took up to 6 weeks off over the last month or so because of holidays, camping, etc. But, by watching what I ate - ie not binging, being realistic, I maintained quite easily and then got back on the diet. I am sure you can do this for a weeks holiday, just choose lovely greek salads, low fat meat etc.

Blimey,that is a toughie,I dont know what i would do,good luck with that xx

:( the wise thing wud be to not go on holiday but i really dont want the diet to come between anything coz then we'd start to resent it... will let you know what we decide to do tomorrow :)

why not eat low carb. fresh food in greece and cyprus is wonderful. chicken, salad, meat in general without sauces. fish. eggs. etc

that does sound like a good idea.. i suppose i dont even mind doing shakes with a meal... so that way i wont totally lose control of things.

Sounds like you are both really focussed on the diet and it would be a shame to undo the good work you have done so far.
I think the protein and green salad option is best especially if you can take some shakes with you to keep your head in the diet. If its hot it should be easy to drink plenty of water too.
Good luck with whatever you decide and we'll all be here to help you when you get back.
M x

thanx for the advice. yes i think its a good idea. im going to speak to cdc about it tomorrow and see what she thinks. lol i was thinking the same thing about the water... that would really help!
i do worry that once we get back i'll lose this determination i have in me right now.. thanx for the support xx

I took up to 6 weeks off over the last month or so because of holidays, camping, etc. But, by watching what I ate - ie not binging, being realistic, I maintained quite easily and then got back on the diet. I am sure you can do this for a weeks holiday, just choose lovely greek salads, low fat meat etc.

well done egbert... i hope that if i do decide to eat that i dont put alot of weight on coz that would just be horrible.

aaah decisions decisions...!

Mrs FB
Greece is lovely this time of year ( one of my most favourite places). And the food is naturally healthy, fish, salads etc and the fact neither of you drink is fantastic, as wine makes me a lush, I then crave all the naughty food and shovel it down without thinking!,, You will be in complete control and I am loving Egberts comments that by being sensible it was easy to maintain....whoooo.,,,bring that holiday on :D
And most importantly, happy anniversary, enjoy every min it sounds like you deserve your break xx

I would def. go on holiday. But just be sensible with your choices and always choose the healthy option. Its good practice for the future when you're maintaining your weight anyway ;)

BTW greece/cyprus sounds amazing, its really beautiful there!!

I totally agree - green salads and fresh proteins all the way no sauces and as few carbs as you can. I think that as you don't drink this should be achievable, I agree with others, alcohol breaks down my resistance and convinces me that its ok to stuff my face with cake! You wont have this problem lol :) Go and have a wonderful anniversary. - PGD x

I live in Cyprus, the mediterrean diet in Cyprus and Greece is really healthy. There is a huge amount of frech fish, grilled chicken dishses available and as for salads, you never see a table without it, and all the veg is fresh too. Since I started CD I have had to go to various events, the 1st time I was really worried, but now Im used to it. 2CD and a healthy meal is really easy to do here xxx

Back