Honeycomb

rosinakathleen

Big, busty and Blowsy!
just found a lovely little recipe for honeycomb and only 3.5 syns!

5 tbsp granulated sweetner
2 tbsp honey-3 syns
1 tsp bicarb of soda 0.5syn

Put sweetner and honey into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring all the time, until sweetner has dissolved.
Bring to the boil and bubble gently for 5mins.
Stir in the bicarb- mix will bubble and froth.
When foamy pour into a greased tin and spread out evenly.
Leave to cool.
When the main heat has gone place in fridge to set.
Before it completely cool, mark out into squares.
Enjoy!

Will definalty have to try this especially if going to the cinema!!! YUMMY! xx

will def try this, might dip into some melted choc too, SW crunchie bar :) think even with a bit of chocolate on them they'll still be low syns

Yes just 3.5 syns the whole thing

Does the syn value depend on the brand of honey you use? the gales one i have is 1 syn per teaspoon so the honeycomb would be more like 6 syns =(

xxx

Rosie, thanks so much for this recipe. I use to LOVE honeycomb but had to give it up due to sugar content. :( (Type 2 diabetes). At least now, thanks to your recipe, I'll no longer have to go without. :D

Hello!
Cleashy the honey used was Gales clear honey.
And Lizabeth you welcome!
I found this recipe while googling something like "cakes with no sugar" and a funny little site came up with loads of sweetner recipes.

OMG, it was fantastic - even hubby liked it!! (less syns for me I guess, lol)

It certainly hit the spot for a sweet craving.

Get cooking guys as you will love this.

A big thank you to rosinakathleen for this recipe.

Lyn

I just made these and they are setting in the fridge as I type. Just one question though....did anyone have a nightmare cleaning the saucepan after? I rinsed it straight away but all the toffee susbstance has stuck right on it. Even a soak and a brillo pad is not shifting it. These better be worth it lol

I just made these and they are setting in the fridge as I type. Just one question though....did anyone have a nightmare cleaning the saucepan after? I rinsed it straight away but all the toffee susbstance has stuck right on it. Even a soak and a brillo pad is not shifting it. These better be worth it lol

Nope, just put hot water & washing up liquid in saucepan and everything had dissolved. Believe me it will be worth it hun.

Back