Snacks Deliciouslow syn cakes

Been busy baking my low syn delights. Light and fluffy Lemon fairy type buns at 0.5 syns each and banana cake topped with quark flavoured with banana essence and slices of banana which is only 12.5 syns for the whole cake.. I cut it into 6 huge pieces and count it as 2 syns per slice... perfect for dessert.. yummy!!

Banana Sponge Cake Recipe (12.5 syns whole cake on red/green/ee

Ingredients

5 eggs
30g sweetener (I use Stevia)
1 ripe chopped/mashed banana
2 tsps banana essence
50g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp milk (taken from HA)

Method

Separate eggs and keep whites to one side.
Beat yolks in a large bowl. Add flour, sweetener, milk, banana essence, chopped/mashed banana, baking powder and blend together.
Whisk egg whites until fluffy and form soft peaks and gently fold into mixture. Pour into cake or loaf tin (I use a large silicon cake one)
Cook at 180c for 30 mins or until golden and inserted skewer/knife comes out clean.
Allow to cool.
Top with quark mixed with sweetener and banana essence and decorate with slices of banana. (Add 2 tbsp of sweetener and 1 tsp of banana essence to a tub of quark)
12.5 syns for whole cake. (4 for mashed/cooked banana, 8 for 50g flour, 0.5 for tsp baking powder) I cut it into 6 very large pieces and count them as 2 syns each.

Lemon Fairy Buns Recipe (0.5 syns each)

Ingredients

Grated Zest and Juice of 2 Lemons.
5 Eggs.
30g sweetener.
50g Self Raising Flour (8 syns).
1 tsp Baking Powder (0.5 syns)

Directions

Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Keep the whites aside. Beat the yolks then add the flour, sweetener, baking powder, lemon juice and zest to the bowl and whisk.
Whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy and form soft peaks. Fold into the mixture.
Divide into 16 silicon bun cases and bake for approx 20 minutes on 180C until golden and inserted skewer/knife comes out clean.

0.5 syns each.
https://goo.gl/photos/Q5ugQeyb3FcNg9HEA

IMG_20161001_160714.jpg
IMG_20161001_170514.jpg
IMG_20161001_160748.jpg
IMG_20161001_160726.jpg

Back