Hot chocolate

Hi all

Just wondering if you can help out a little.

When I'm not guzzling cheese (which I try not to on a daily basis) I struggle consuming all of my HeA allowance. I only really drink one cup of normal tea or coffee in a day (if any) and that certainly doesn't use up 300mls of milk.

An evening milky hot chocolate... Could be the answer!!!!

I know Cadbury highlights and options are the most SW friendly... But these are instant powders that contain milk powder..... Although I know these work fine made with milk does anyone know if there are any SW friendly powders that don't contain dried milk powder??

Also any other HeA choices that arn't milk or cheese??!!
:eatdrink012:

Hi,

Usually, hot chocolate powders use the 20 cals = 1 syn rule
I've heard the Galaxy Hot Chocolate (to be made with milk) 10-12g is still only 2 syns

You could also try Choc Shot, very popular with slimming world!!! 1 syn for a table spoon of basically liquid chocolate, you could stir it into hot milk?

As for other HEa options, cheese and milk are about it im afraid :( you could try cream cheese or Philadelphia for a snack on crackerbreads or even sweet as a dessert

Hope this helped a bit !

Hi all

Just wondering if you can help out a little.

When I'm not guzzling cheese (which I try not to on a daily basis) I struggle consuming all of my HeA allowance. I only really drink one cup of normal tea or coffee in a day (if any) and that certainly doesn't use up 300mls of milk.

An evening milky hot chocolate... Could be the answer!!!!

I know Cadbury highlights and options are the most SW friendly... But these are instant powders that contain milk powder..... Although I know these work fine made with milk does anyone know if there are any SW friendly powders that don't contain dried milk powder??

Also any other HeA choices that arn't milk or cheese??!!
:eatdrink012:

I buy the options Belgian choc butterscotch in the little sachets which work out to 1.5syns and although it has milk powder I still make it up with whatever milk I have left over for the day

I got to my target of nearly 7 stone in 2012 and have maintained for over 3 years I've moved house and started a new job turned 30 and I've put on 16lb I m doing something before I put more weight on. I'm doing the scanbran challenge at the moment on my fourth day tomorrow. I've made carrot cake with it and toffee cake with Nutella and I'm making an vanilla cake its in the oven going to put orange choc shot on top 2 syns for the whole cake

Thanks ladies.... I have the highlight watches at the moment.

I'm going to pick up some of that choc shot stuff.... I've heard quite devided opinion on it... some people hate it, some love it.... I hear it's more like dark chocolate (which I like).

That way I can make up as much hot cocolate as milk I have left (so don't have to have a full mug. And by the sounds of it I can use it in cold milk for a milk shake if I don't fancy a hot drink (and something nicer than plain milk)

There is choc shot orange and coconut as well very yummy, thinking of making an scanbran carrot cake with fluff ( 2 syns per table spoon) on top

I definitely second Choc Shot, but also Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate has no milk powder, you just warm up your milk and stir some in. 2 syns I believe for a cup :)

Back