How about Bridesmaid to be?!

Ajax

Finally...Life begins
Can I join in!?

I am due to be a bridesmaid to my best mate on the 24th november THIS YEAR! When I had my fitting for my dress, they ordered a size 30 and i nearly died on the spot.

The bride and other bridesmaid are having their size 10's taken in :mad:

Also my sister just announced her engagement and asked me to be her bridesmaid in May 2008

So I am on a roll to loose loads for the wedding this year and then maintain for 2008 as a target!

Love talking about wedding stuff and helping organise them all!

Hi Angela, sounds like you've got two fantastic reasons to lose your weight! I bet already there's been a big difference in the dress, you'll look fantastic by November I'm sure.

(envy sign though for those taking in size tens!)

What kind of dress is it?

I have 12 pounds to lose but only 5 weeks to do it in, fingers crossed, some miracle will happen and I'll do it!

I need to buy two childrens fur jackets yet as being in October it will probably be freezing...I've got mine sorted :)

Its an Alfred Angelo dress, style 6622, (if you wanna see go to www.alfredangelo.co.uk and enter 6622 in search, the link never works! but I have also ordered the stole to cover my flabby arms LOL its a lovely dress and hangs well but still maahhoooosive in it at the mo.

Funnily enough you talking about the fur jackets, my sister bought my daughter something similar, like the ones that go over your shoulders like a cap in BHS for £4.50 in their sale! Right Bargain!

When did you order your dress? The reason I ask, is when I was measured for mine, I wasnt on the CD now I am, I am hoping by mid november I will have dropped a few sizes, Im wondering just how much they can take it!! Worries me slightly, i am sure they were just being polite when they said they can take it in! Probably thought, heard that before!!
Well done on loosing so much weight already!

Whats your dress like?

Wine is much more flattering! I really like the style of dress, can't stand it when people insist on putting bridesmaides in meringues!

The whole reason I am in a panic is I got fitted for my dress whilst I was still on CD, then had a six month break due to family (and my own) ill health, and have gained 12 pounds since - eek. The dress fitting is in five weeks time, hence a slight panic. The dressmaker did say that if I did indeed lose the 3 stones I said I would, she could take the dress all the way in, she didn't think it would be a problem...obviously they hear this a lot as I'm here 12 pounds heavier...thank God she didn't order it in the size I insisted I wanted!

CD was a one time trick for me and I'm now in hypno trying to help me control my eating and stop bingeing and move onto healthier choices...fingers crossed that I'll start to lose a few pounds soon...CD is still in the house if I don't manage it so I'll just lock myself in the house and wear a nappy for 10 days if necessary before the wedding! :) yuk!

I'd deinitely get the stole, regardless of cover up, you'll be freezing in November and it looks like fine material so I'd also be wearing long johns...I may yet invest in a pair for my own day :) No fancy hold up stockings for me x

LOL Sexy Long Johns! Fortunately the wedding is being held all in one place with open fires, so hoping i wont be too cold! Otherwise Ill be changing into my jeans by time dinner is served!

is your dress on the web?

Its an Alfred Angelo dress, style 6622, (if you wanna see go to www.alfredangelo.co.uk and enter 6622 in search, the link never works! but I have also ordered the stole to cover my flabby arms LOL its a lovely dress and hangs well but still maahhoooosive in it at the mo.

Funnily enough you talking about the fur jackets, my sister bought my daughter something similar, like the ones that go over your shoulders like a cap in BHS for £4.50 in their sale! Right Bargain!

When did you order your dress? The reason I ask, is when I was measured for mine, I wasnt on the CD now I am, I am hoping by mid november I will have dropped a few sizes, Im wondering just how much they can take it!! Worries me slightly, i am sure they were just being polite when they said they can take it in! Probably thought, heard that before!!
Well done on loosing so much weight already!

Whats your dress like?

Hi

Sorry to butt it, but i just wanted to re-assure you that a decent dressmaker can take a dress in as many sizes as is needed. The lady that did the fittings for my wedding dress told me she once took a dress in from a size 24 to a 10. So, don't worry.

Best of luck with your continuing weight loss :)

Little Miss xx

Ps. that bridesmaid dress is beautiful.

Thankyou for the reassurance Little Miss, I was panicking and didnt want my weight loss mean I couldnt be a bridesmaid!

relieved now! no excuse now not to go full steam ahead! Wow if I managed to go from a 24 to a 10 i think I would faint at the fitting!

Hi Angela, unfortunately my dress is not on the web, went into a shop and got it and don't have the details. It's ivory with no sleeves and a slightly embelished bodies with beading, then some chiffon around the belly with a floaty chiffon skirt, fairly straight...fur jacket for the day and chiffon jacket for the evening!

You'll be amazed at what you can achieve in time for the next dress fitting, do you have a specific goal in mind?

Thankyou for the reassurance Little Miss, I was panicking and didnt want my weight loss mean I couldnt be a bridesmaid!

relieved now! no excuse now not to go full steam ahead! Wow if I managed to go from a 24 to a 10 i think I would faint at the fitting!

You're welcome :)

Might be an idea to contact the seamstress soon though so she knows about it. Wow, between now and November you could lose some serious dress sizes, with you being on CD!

Best of luck with it, it's a great incentive isn't it?

xxx

I just hope to be smaller than I was when I got fitted orignally, and I am already so thats a bonus. I know I could never be a match (physically) with the bride, but as long as I feel comfortable I will be happy.

Your dress sounds lovely Artyjoe, can't wait to see a pic of you in it, and I too will post a pic of me in my bm dress.

I did mention to my dressmaker that I am planning on loosing a fair bit of fat but I think she has heard it so often she didnt really make much comment. But the lady who is making my best friends dress has told me that if there is any problem she will take it in for me within the week remaining near the wedding. Thats a relief.

My sister announced her wedding ( i think I mentioned before) and she is going to be trying some dresses on in a couple of months, I might even be sneaky and try on a similar dress in another shop, just to see how its fitting now!
Heehee!!

Lovely dress Angela,

You already look a lot slimmer hun (was nosying on your pics).

You will have lost loads by the wedding and will look fab

Back