How did you decide on your Target weight?

muffinandsam

I'm interesting to hear how you decided on what your target weight should be. Or whether you just did step at a time?

I've NEVER been less than 12 stone since I was a child.. so I've not got a clue where I should really be heading for. I was very keen to lose the first stone, which I've done but now I'm getting a bit twitchy - I need a new target and I don't know what to aim for. People ask me how much I want to lose and it seems wierd to them that I don't know.

I thought I used to be 9 stone when I was younger so I set that as my target... but now I'm there I'm 2 sizes smaller then what I was when I was younger, I'm happy with that though as I wasn't happy before I got to the size I am now.

You don't have to set another target though, I know lots of people who just loose weight until they decide they are happy and then call target. It can be hard if you've never been a certain weight or if you've had a lot to loose as you don't know what weight will make you what size (apparently neither did I) maybe set a couple of smaller goals, so set an interim target of 1 stone if you think you def want to loose at least that or half a stone if you might not want to loose that much, then when you reach that goal decide if your happy with it, if not then set another interim target, just so you have something to aim for.

Muffin - I did something similar, picked the last weight I remember being comfortable at (11st), but then decided to set target half a stone below that. Now that I am 11st, I think I will re-set my target for 10st, as I still feel I have a bit to lose. People tell me now that I don't look like I need to lose more weight, but I think its a purely personal thing, and will be well within healthy weight range etc when I get down to 10st.

You can always review your target as time goes on and change it if you want.

I just picked 1lb under the highest end of the BMI, which for me at 5ft 7in is 11st 5lb. It will also mean a nice round loss of 7.5 stone. In my adult life I have been as light as 9 stone and as heavy as 20 stone 5lb, so 11st5lb sounds about right!

I initially picked 11 stone as that was the lowest weight I remembered being, but I knew that really I'd like to lose more, so once I got there I set it to 10 stone thinking I'd never get there! I got there fairly easily so then I looked at my BMI and chose a weight that would put me at the top end of healthy which was 9st 10. It was also more about dress size, I wanted to be a comfortable 12 bottom absurd 10 top and this weight puts me at that size.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I set mine at the top end of a healthy bmi Silly reason really .... I just want a Silly chart to say im healthy rather than overweight or obese only just over half a st to go :)

I just picked 1lb under the highest end of the BMI, which for me at 5ft 7in is 11st 5lb. It will also mean a nice round loss of 7.5 stone. In my adult life I have been as light as 9 stone and as heavy as 20 stone 5lb, so 11st5lb sounds about right!

Mines 11st 5 too lol

I also picked a weight at the top end of healthy on the BMI scale. I don't know if I'll stick to this completely or if I'll perhaps go lower (but that's a long way off!) but I just wanted something to aim for really! I guess I'll just re-assess the situation as I get closer to 11st and see what my body shape is like and whether or not I want to lose more or stay where I am...who knows!

I initially set my target weight at 10st 12lbs as I'm 5ft 11ins and that weight is the bottom end of my healthy BMI range. However I am now 11st 13lbs and quite happy with that. I can only remember being around 11st 5lbs for most of my adult life and I don't think getting down to 10st 12lb is a good idea, I think I'll be too skinny so I have reset target to 11st 2lb, as I can go 3lbs either side if it.
Its so true that you just don't know what weight you are happiest at until you get there :)

I may try maintaining for a few months when i get to goal enjoy some Free weeks and concentrate on excercising and toning as ive got pretty crap with the excercise and see how im doing as im getting pretty happy with where i am at mo other than my un toned wobble wooo hoo Free sw

After watching a few episodes of the american biggest loser, i decided on 100 lbs. That seemed to be the big 'wow' amount.

I hit target, then a couple of weeks later i lost five pounds in one week, so i took my target down another stone. One pound out, but struggling for it.

Well at 5ft nothing, my ideal target would be 8 stone, this is what i remember being when i was younger and a size 8 and none of the rubbish health problems i have now...don't know if i will get there tho, currently in awe of you guys, donna and gazter esp! you really have done fantastic guys :)

I got to 10st7lb for my wedding, and although i felt 100 x better at that, than i did at 13st, i still wasn't happy in myself.
8st seems like such a long way off though, that i have been setting myself mini targets of half a stone so that i can avoid looking (and dreading) at the bigger picture as it were!

I think it's totally all about how you feel, and you never know that until you get there x

I'm 5' 5". I remember being really happy with myself at 12 stone a few years ago. I was very fit and toned then so there's no way I'd get back into my 12's at that 12 stone now. So I've gone for 10stone 10 pounds. That's the top of my healthy bmi. I'm hoping I'd be 12 at that weight. Im at 18 at 15stone and a half stone. so I'm hoping every 1.5 stones is a dress size for me. X

Currently 15st 6.5lbs

Thanks for your replies. A lot of you have gone for the 'healthy BMI' goal, which would put me at about 10stone 2lbs at the top end of healthy. I suppose its not too far away as I'm only half a stone away from the 11s (psychology at work here lol)..

Well done everyone :D

I'm 5' 5". I remember being really happy with myself at 12 stone a few years ago. I was very fit and toned then so there's no way I'd get back into my 12's at that 12 stone now. So I've gone for 10stone 10 pounds. That's the top of my healthy bmi. I'm hoping I'd be 12 at that weight. Im at 18 at 15stone and a half stone. so I'm hoping every 1.5 stones is a dress size for me. X

Currently 15st 6.5lbs

I'm 5ft 5 too and at the moment i am 12st 12lbs and a dress size 14 on top and 16 bottoms if that helps, good luck hun xxx

Well I have been this height (5ft7) since I was a teenager, and up until I was about 19 years old, I weighed 8.5 stone, which I personally felt was a little bit light, so I decided on my target weight to be 9.5 stone.

Since hitting target I've fluctuated between 9st and 9.5 stone and I feel this is about right for me.

As a teenager I was just under 11stone and a size 14 but after having 2 babies I know that my stomach will never go back to that! I had originally set my target at 12stone as it sounded like a nice number and was just inside the healthy bmi range, but have changed it to 11.13 which would put me at 9stone 3lbs lost, so even if I went to the top of my target range, I would still be at 9stone lost.

I have set 9 stone as my target as thats near the middle of my ideal bmi but as i havent set this target officially with sw i will also be looking at my waist size and will stop when i get under 31inches which i dont know will happen or not as my tummy is massive after having three babies. So my target may either decrease or increase depending on my waist size x

I set my target at a loss of 2st, I thought that was a nice round figure. I got there then decided I wanted to lose more. I think you know when you get there and how comfy you feel. I feel I am where I want to be and S W will not let you go dangerously under. I like to be at the lower end of my bmi so that I have a 6 lb band before I start paying my c again. This helps when its Christmas and holiday time. However, I have managed to stay within 1 - 2 lbs below the target figure if that makes sense. You will know when the time comes.

Back