How did you know when to call target?

Emmamb

Silver Member
As it a dress size?
A certain weight?
Or did you just know?

I've set my target for 11st but have nothing to compare it to be because I cannot remember ever been under the weight I am now in my adult years. I've lost 5st 6lb upto now but do a lot of exercise and I'm thinking 11st may be too far away for me. Will I just 'know' when to call target? x

I would set it within your healthy BMI for you height and the have a 7lb floating weight.

I like to be between 10st 10st 7lb. which is also within a good BMI x

i supose as others have said a healthy BMI which for me is 10st 5lb, but i said my target tonight in class was 10stone

but i too cant remember being that weight - so when i get into size 10 , thats when i will be happy.

so im a size 16 now and i want to be a 10

its always a hard one but what i have found in past and what a few others have mentioned over the years is that your body and mind sort of finds its own happy medium!? My stats according to height and age say i should be between 9 and 10.5 stones so last time i set my target at 10, however the lowest i ever got to was 11 stone and try as hard as i did for many months I couldn't get under it at all! think the trick is to set yourself mini targets in the mean time and over the course of your continued weight loss you would get a better understanding of how your body looses its weight and adjusts, then at a certain point when you are fairly happy about the size or weight you are at that time, maybe fix a definite number then by reducing to a last half or one stone off?! my rough target now like you is 11 stone but i am not fixing this in stone and if it has to change in the future then so be it, at the moment i am setting myself stone mini targets so my next is 14 stone and on!

My healthy bmi is 11stone...I was just debating with hubby whether to set it to 12st 8 (7 1/2 st loss) then if I'm not happy lowering it to 12st,then to 11?
Hubby thinks I'm too thin now but there's no way I'm stopping till I'm a size 14 trs (currently a 16) but I'm already a 12/14 on the top?! Xx

And make sure you really are happy there, coz once you reach that number it can only be adjusted by 7 lbs above or below that weight. You will know when the time is right. Dont be pushed by others, its what you feel happy with that counts. :)

I originally set mine when i joined again back in january at 10.6, but i decided a few weeks ago i want to be 9.7. Yesterday when i stood on the scales, i was excited as id lost my first st this year but on the computer it said i was at goal, the woman was saying congratulations on getting goal and i was thinking eh ive still got a st to go lol, Its hard to know what to set as its more a clothes size i want and those creases on my back that stay white when i have a spray tan to dissapear and when that happens ill know im at target.

hollys nan said:
And make sure you really are happy there, coz once you reach that number it can only be adjusted by 7 lbs above or below that weight. You will know when the time is right. Dont be pushed by others, its what you feel happy with that counts. :)
I've decided to set it to 12st 8,then if I get to 13ish and don't feel happy il lower it 1/2 a stone and so on and so on till I feel happy xx

I have reset my target 3 times now!
The first time I just sailed past it without stopping, the second time past it but maintained 4lbs below (damm) so now I have set it 1/2 stone lower and guess what, last week gained 1lb and back within old target weight! This week I will loose weight and get to new target....

Emmamb said:
I've decided to set it to 12st 8,then if I get to 13ish and don't feel happy il lower it 1/2 a stone and so on and so on till I feel happy xx

This is what I'm doing. I've seen so many people get close to a target they've based on bmi stats, fail because actually, they were happy in the short term at a higher weight,, disappear & come back 3 stone heavier. I'd rather not be like that!

I went from being a chubby teen to a chubby adult, I've never been a size I was happy with or that was healthy. My old C used to ask every week in class if I'd chosen a target, but I'd just be plucking a figure from thin air!

I know what I'd like to weigh, but I won't choose an official target until I get much nearer so I know I'm comfortable at that weight.

I think thats really sensible Lisa. Take your time. I chose mine too early on in my journey and had to adjust it as I just wasnt happy there. Feel just right now, just finding it hard as keep bobbing under the target band.You will get there too!

I think thats really sensible Lisa. Take your time. I chose mine too early on in my journey and had to adjust it as I just wasnt happy there. Feel just right now, just finding it hard as keep bobbing under the target band.You will get there too!

Ah thanks :) I don't think there's anything wrong with changing target, sometimes we just don't know how we'll feel. I have this weird thing where every single time I get a goal, even to lose 7lb, I start gaining. It's like my mind gives up straight away, so I don't have goals, I just work hard & give 100% & hope I'll "know" when I'm happy at a target.

Can you call target actually when you get weighed? I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, so like many other's don't really know what number I would like to be on the scales. The target that I have set myself on here is based on a healthy BMI, but if I get to a weight that I am comfortable at, can I just say to my C that I would like to call that my target? Hope that makes sense!

xx

SWLizzy said:
Can you call target actually when you get weighed? I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, so like many other's don't really know what number I would like to be on the scales. The target that I have set myself on here is based on a healthy BMI, but if I get to a weight that I am comfortable at, can I just say to my C that I would like to call that my target? Hope that makes sense!

xx

I think you can!
When I initially reached target my goal was 2lbs more than the weight that I actually weighed in at on that day. I'd check with your C though.
Just to say that I text my C last night as I'm not sure whether my current target is right for me ( I'm thinking of going around 4lbs lighter).
She said that the reduction by 7lbs no longer applies and that you can reduce your target as needed.
Hope this helps.

Back