how do flexable syns work????

missclare85

Silver Member
Ive seen some of you talk about flexiable syns and wondered how they work?

For example say if i wanted a treat tomorrow how would i work it for tomorrow and then the rest of the week??

xxx

It's all about planning.
If you have something special coming up, decide how many syns you are going to have. It may be 50, 60 or whatever you decide before hand.
Try to have a low syn or syn free day until the event and then use the syns you planned. Count your syns and then stop when you reach the number you decide on.
Continue back to plan the next day.
You may not have a loss that week but you should not have a gain and if you do, not a big one.
I don't think flexi syns should be used for little treats. That's what our syns are for.

yeh i think about it a bit like money

say i have £70 pounds to last me 7 days so that's 10 pounds a day................

but im going out on Friday so im gonna need more. I just wont spend my £10 on the other days so i can spend it Friday

hope this helps
if it makes sense

yeh i think about it a bit like money

say i have £70 pounds to last me 7 days so that's 10 pounds a day................

but im going out on Friday so im gonna need more. I just wont spend my £10 on the other days so i can spend it Friday

hope this helps
if it makes sense

That's not what flexible syns are, you are saving your syns for a blow out and that isn't really recommended by SW.

At Slimming World we don't recommend that you save all your Syns up for the week, just so you can have a few drinks on a Saturday night. Depriving yourself throughout that week is like putting yourself in a tight corset. Before the Saturday night arrives, that corset could well have been flung off, and your eating plan been pushed aside for the week…then the month…then the year.

Food Optimising means that you can allow yourself a flexible Syn day once in a while, and not have to save up Syns beforehand, or deprive yourself afterwards.

No, flexible syns ISN'T about saving them up! it's about spending £70 a day but on a Saturday night out allowing yourself a budget of £200! Then Sunday get right back on your budget of £70 again :)

No, flexible syns ISN'T about saving them up! it's about spending £70 a day but on a Saturday night out allowing yourself a budget of £200! Then Sunday get right back on your budget of £70 again :)

Yep, like I said is a far less roundabout way!

Flexi syns really means have a blow out on a meal out once in a while ... you dont need to pay them back just enjoy !!!

the thing is you should have them every so often... for example a celebration like Christmas day.

It doent mean have the flexi sysns for the Christmas week and New Year ...lol!

Philx

Back