How do other people handle 'bad' days ?

mustdoit

susan
because i 'm having one !!! i don't know whether to keep going today and get all my cravings out ............ or jump back on the atkins train asap ............. how do you handle it ? :break_diet:

yes but .................. ok there are no but s ........... will have a no / low carb tea and enjoy comic relief tonight xx

Get straight back on to it NOW!!!!!

You know what to do, put it behind you and think about all the lovely things you can do when you are fit and slimmer and healthy.

CARBS ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!

it started when i saw my reflection at the shops today ......... i did look a mess !!............. just knew the way to handle it ...... was to stuff my face !! xx

Leanne1 said:
That's what I tell him when I've just spent a fortune on shoes because I've had a bad hair day! :D

Haha :D

It always makes me smile when I stuff cos I'm unhappy with myself - afterwards not at the time. It just makes no sense really eating crap doesnt make anything better it only gives me carb face :D

Just put it all behind you and have a lovely evening x

The fact that you've posted asking about this shows how passionate you are about getting your weight loss back on track! Get back on the wagon and you'll do great! All it means is that you might arrive at your destination a couple of days late! :)

The fact that you've posted asking about this shows how passionate you are about getting your weight loss back on track! Get back on the wagon and you'll do great! All it means is that you might arrive at your destination a couple of days late! :)

leaves on the line !! xx

Hahahaha excellent way of thinking about it! Frustrating but you know you'll get there in the end!

I think we sometimes lose sight of the fact that, whilst Atkins can shift a lot of weight, quickly - particularly during the first two weeks - it is not designed to be a fast loss diet. It is a lifestyle and attitude change. We can eat delicious healthy food. Normal, everyday, regular food denied to us on so many other diet plans.

On Atkins we are at all times preparing for eventual maintenance. Learning how to eat in moderate amounts and finding out just how many, or how few, carbs our individual bodies can tolerate without stalling or regaining.

Every time I cheat on carbs - and sometimes we just seem unable to resist, no matter how long we've been low-carbing - I feel sluggish and bloated and almost poorly. Then I get back in the saddle and start to feel better again.

This is a longer haul way of eating and living. When we temporarily forget just how much Atkins has given us, we are only being human. Atkins will always be there for us, waiting for us to come back!

I think we sometimes lose sight of the fact that, whilst Atkins can shift a lot of weight, quickly - particularly during the first two weeks - it is not designed to be a fast loss diet. It is a lifestyle and attitude change. We can eat delicious healthy food. Normal, everyday, regular food denied to us on so many other diet plans.

On Atkins we are at all times preparing for eventual maintenance. Learning how to eat in moderate amounts and finding out just how many, or how few, carbs our individual bodies can tolerate without stalling or regaining.

Every time I cheat on carbs - and sometimes we just seem unable to resist, no matter how long we've been low-carbing - I feel sluggish and bloated and almost poorly. Then I get back in the saddle and start to feel better again.

This is a longer haul way of eating and living. When we temporarily forget just how much Atkins has given us, we are only being human. Atkins will always be there for us, waiting for us to come back!

Very well said! :clap:

I suppose it would be possible to say I haven't had a 'bad' day, in the sense that in 10 weeks on the diet I haven't 'cheated'.

But oh god, have I had bad days. Actual food wise, my worst day was in the third week, TOTM when I ate diabetic chocolate and stalled my loss for that week. I cut out polyols after that and haven't eaten them since.

I have had miserable days, days where I have resented every other person in the world for the food they could eat. The last two weeks I've felt unimaginably sick every single day and no food has tasted good at all. I've still somehow managed to stay legal by sheer bloodymindedness and the need to lose weight.

But my loss has slowed right down and I'm still feeling bad so, for me, what I hope will be the answer is to change diet plans completely to a vlcd for a time to give myself a break from food. I don't want to gain weight and if I gave in to a craving now I'm not sure I'd pull back control. So I deal with bad days by gritting my teeth and forcing myself to stay on track. I deal with longer bad stretches by giving myself a break while staying within a tightly disciplined diet.

If I was to have fallen off the wagon, I HOPE that I'd have been able to stop at one meal and get back on - the less time you're off plan, the faster you'll get back into ketosis and burning fat. I don't know if I'd be able to leave it at that, but that's what I'd aim for.

Also, I decided when I started that I'd have 3 days off over easter. We have a family get together then and the last 2 years I didn't go because I was dieting and didn't trust myself. This time I'm giving myself a planned break then so when I crave something I tell myself I can have it, whatever I want, I just have to get to the end of april first. That has really helped.

Rosebug. good luck. I know how you feel darling. I have been the same at times. Just try to remain in control, that is all any of us can do.

rosebug ...... you sound as though you have the right attitude ...... just wish you could bottle it !! keep going and well done xx

Back