How do you cope in the evenings???

Thanks Girls!!
Helps just knowing I'm not alone.
Last night I sat and made 20 Girls braclets for my Daughters birthday party bags!
That really helped as not once did I think or hear the Chocolate calling!!
Have to think of other things to do to keep my mind of picking..been making loads of triffels and cakes for my H2B and Daughter....LOL He is getting fatter as I'm getting smaller!!
He doesn't mind though! (I don't like them so it's easy for me not to want it)
Thanks again Girls!!
x x x

Butterfly-I was considering a similar hobby but wondered if at 32 I was too young for the crochet brigade?!

I will do anything to try to succeed this time, even if it makes me look a bit sad - it is suprisingly easy;- do it with the curtains drawn and do not let anyone into the house until the offending item is hidden and you'll be fine! lol...xx

I've never had so many early nights since doing cambridge lol!

Find it easier to nip off to bed put sky on and forget about food

ha ha, thanks for the tips!! :D

I will do anything to try to succeed this time, even if it makes me look a bit sad - it is suprisingly easy;- do it with the curtains drawn and do not let anyone into the house until the offending item is hidden and you'll be fine! lol...xx

I'm threatening to dig out an old cross stitch kit - I used to do it, but not so much in the last few years. Certainly keeps your hands busy and no time for snacking! You cant cross stitch with chocolatey/crispy fingers anyway, thing would get filthy.

And i come here, and shop, and write my blog, and go on another forum. Me and Mr L are very sad, sitting side by side with our laptops.

I too find these forums a godsend! But also, freeze your CD bar, then chop it into little bits and nibble them throughout the evening, works for me! xxxx

i have never bought so many magazines as before, i used to like reading with a glass of wine so i have a glass of sparkling water in a wine glass (makes me feel posh) and look at skinny women in magazines, or watch rubbish like 90210 where theyre all so skinny!

It is never to young to crochet. I'm 30 and have successfully given up smoking for 11 months by replacing it with crochet. i did have a good reason that arrived april time!!!!! I still use it to relax. i aim to make a granny square a night, using up scraps, then by the time i loose all this weight i can put them togeather and create a memory blanket.
my other diversions are giving the baby a bath and playing with my elder son on the wii. (working on those bingo wings LOL)

xoxox

Last time I did this (LL - 2005) I decorated my living room for 'something to do'. It is not an enormous surprise that my living room resembles the inside of a cookies and cream biscuit tin....walls are chocolate and cream, sofa galaxy dark brown, carpet sort of biscuit colour, etc etc....

When Mrs L isn't working we just have some quality time together (she is dieting too) so we help each other there. Or we chat while she does the ironing. Sorry ladies, it sounds unfair making her do the ironing but I've tried and I just can't get my head round it...

When she's at work I play the Wii quite a bit, if I'm watching the screen I'm not going to the fridge, or the crisps cupboard...

Back