How do you cope with boredom

jfc

Silver Member
I am following phase 1 of the Cambridge Diet, and whilst I am not hungry I am finding I am very bored of the packs...

I long to experience a different taste or texture, any tips welcome. I have mainly textras and bars left.

I also have to find a new counsellor as mine has just moved (left with all the Mint Crunch bars as I ate my favourite Chocolate chewys first!) so if there are any counselors in the Crawley area willing to take on myself and my daughter that would be great.

You've made a great start - already under 30 on yr BMI and more than 10% shed. Well done.

Think of it as medicine. B*gg*r the boredom. You have prescribed yourself an awesome way to slink into a healthier weight. So every time you even think the b word, tell yourself to delete that thought and how grateful you are to have CD as a tool towards health, slinkiness and long life.

If necessary, put a post office elastic band around yr wrist and snap it anytime you think the b word. You'll a) see how often you do and b) notice it - so be able to delete that thought!

Or just move onto Step 2 if the alternative is you stopping. Some people do a little protein - another alternative approach. I think if you slip that way, it's probably better to do Step 2 100%..

Some ideas:
- Any sachets you can mix, half & half? Like porridge and a choc shake to make choc porridge? Or savory mixes? Save powder of the remaining mixed half for a meal the next day.
- Whizz sweet packs with some ice and a little water - makes an icey slushy.
- Add coffee to a vanilla shake.
- Squeeze lemon or lime into some fizzy water.
- Drink iced coffee or iced tea.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestions Aligal, I will take heed and have a play with the packs to make them more interesting.

This morning I had a bit of a shock though (possibly too much info), woke feeling strange, had my shake, weighed myself, started my 3.5 mile walk to work, popped into Tesco for water for the day, suddenly realised I had an urgent need to go to the loo, and just as I was walking in the loo, I didnt make it! had to buy some more trousers have a shower and then go on to work late! I have no stomach pain, sickness or anything it just attacked me from nowhere, I have been getting visual migraines a lot since starting this diet plan and when I touch my eyebrow it feels bruised, it was scary what happened and I am worried about the walk home today.

Could it be caused by the diet and how can I avoid it reoccuring without ending up constipated (which is how I was in the first 2 weeks, so bad that I ended up with piles!)

Poor you. It's happened to me.

Not sure about the migraines - may or may not be diet related. Check out the CD side effects & ask yr counsellor for their advice on a) diarrohea, b) constipation and c) the headaches. . https://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/faqs/side-effects

If you make the adjustments yr counsellor recommends, and no improvement, then dp you need to go to yr GP?

I am following phase 1 of the Cambridge Diet, and whilst I am not hungry I am finding I am very bored of the packs...

I long to experience a different taste or texture, any tips welcome. I have mainly textras and bars left.

I also have to find a new counsellor as mine has just moved (left with all the Mint Crunch bars as I ate my favourite Chocolate chewys first!) so if there are any counselors in the Crawley area willing to take on myself and my daughter that would be great.
Re finding a new counsellor, you can ring Cambridge on 0800 161412 (such an easy number to remember LOL) or look here (I put in an RH10 postcode to see what would come up):https://m.cambridgeweightplan.com/find-results.aspx?Postcode=rh10-0ab. I recommend ringing around, see who sounds the friendliest and most enthusiastic!

Back