How do you get your confidence back?

Funky_Munky

Put the kettle on
When you've tried and failed before so many times? :( I am a serial dieter done anything and everything including sw last year. Im finding it so hard right now and I just think it is because I am convinced I will never be thin after trying and failling before :( I know I need to stop the negative voices otherwise I will never get anywhere but I just do not know how right now. Any one got any advice please?

I would say one step at a time hun. Im a serial dieter as well so know ware your coming from, every diet iv been on iv failed, even SW which works for me & I think my reason was becouse iv always had targets set too high. My main goal is to be 12st 6lb, so that around 5stone, which is a mommoth task and iv always seen it as just whats at the end.

This time round im back becouse im gaining too much pregnancy weight & I want to be 17st 4lb my pre pregnancy weight and im only 6lb from my goal and i cant tell you how much its helping keeping me on track despite my cravings

I am a serial dieter too. I have had to change my mindset but it is hard.

I have decided that I am going to use this whole year to lose weight, not to say I will lose 6 stone, but just to lose weight. I want to see my half stone awards and want to set these as my goals. I am trying to tell myself that I would like to be a size smaller in clothes and aim for that not the number on the scales.

I am a very very slow loser, has taken me about 5 months to lose 1.5 stone, but if I keep at it I can do it.

I have already seen people at class who joined at the same time as me who lost more weight than me, that I felt jealous of, stop coming to group and come back again and sometimes twice after gaining the weight again. So I just plod on and think slow and steady wins the race.

So after all that waffle, just take it in small steps, they soon add up.

Back