How do you keep track of water intake?

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
I start tomorrow :):):) Just one thing occurred to me today, I know it is really important to make sure I drink at least 4 pints of water. At the moment I just drink from a glass of water every time I feel thirsty - but don't actually count how many glasses that is in a day iyswim.

How do all of you keep track of your intake?

What I did, is picked a large cup from my cupboard, filled it to the top with water, then poured this into a measuring glass - i kept on doing this till it made 1 pint, which for me was 2 glasses, then times that by four, then knew from that how many i should be drinking a day - 8 glasses!

Makes things easier!

Makes sense, what do you do if you are out and about? Just make sure you have the 8 glasses and then any extra is a bonus? I usually carry a bottle of water in my handbag and another one in my car...

Yeah out and about I just drink bottles, then when I get access to a computer, convert how much is in the bottle into pints to keep track.

You can do the glass method just with a big bought bottle of water, and fill it up from the tap with that :) xxx

Hi, I always use a 1ltr bottle with a drink cap on it - Volvic or Buxton do these bottles, even when I'm at home I use them then refill 2 bottles = 4pts.

Hi, I always use a 1ltr bottle with a drink cap on it - Volvic or Buxton do these bottles, even when I'm at home I use them then refill 2 bottles = 4pts.

Are the litre bottles heavy to carry around with you? I have a 500ml one today and it made my handbag weigh a ton.

Congratulations on all your weight loss - you have done really well - need to change your name - not "cuddly" any more :D

I bought 2 1 litre bottles of volvic when I started, I fill them up in the morning and once I've finished them thats 2L. I also add an extra 250 ml to each of my shakes - so thats another 0.5 - 0.75L.

Plus I bought a HUGE cup from the Poundshop. Holds 500ml and I can have 2 cups of that full of tea or hot water with CD flavouring (as a hot orange) - making a further 1L

Total 3.5 - 3.75 L per day without really trying.

HTH

hey - get urself couple of 500/750 ml bottles.....keep them with you - and make sure you finish at least 4 to 5 of them every day......no excuses missus !!

Debz x

our tap water tasted horrid, so I always buy bottled water. I buy a big bottle for each day, so I know how much I have drank :)

our tap water tasted horrid, so I always buy bottled water. I buy a big bottle for each day, so I know how much I have drank :)

We got a britax jug 5 years ago as a wedding present, it filters the tap water and makes it taste lovely, just like bottled water. Plus keeping it in the fridge makes it very refreshing. Cheaper in the long run than bottled water :)

hey - get urself couple of 500/750 ml bottles.....keep them with you - and make sure you finish at least 4 to 5 of them every day......no excuses missus !!

Debz x

No probs Debz :D

I use a 750ml sports bottle, 4 x 750ml=3 litres. I put 4 rubber bands arround and take 1 off every time I finish, works for me.

We buy massive packs of bottled water wholesale. So I always have a 1 and 1/2 Lt bottle with me at work and I have two of these a day. I don't carry it around with me when I'm out and about as I'd be running to the loo every 5 mins. I drink a lot first thing and then through out the day I keep sipping.

GOOD LUCK XXX

I like sipping through the day too, fine while at home as a loo isn't too far away from any part of the house. Murder when out and about!

I fill from the filtered water jug into a 2L bottle every night for the next day at work and I have to finish that plus 1pt glass with dinner and I am done easy! anything extra is a bonus!!

I have two 2-litre bottles which I refill from the tap, making sure I drink a whole one and at least half of the other.

I refill with tap water, but do it everynight, so the next day the water is room temperature, tastes nicer (it really does!) and is so much easier to drink

I use a 2L water bladder in my handbag (like a camelbak) at work. I fill it up from the filtered tap at home in the morning, and usually by mid-afternoon, I've finished it, so I refill from the water cooler at work, and then I know I'm always getting more than 2L.

I usually drink between 3-4.5L a day. I love water, it makes me skin so clear and soft!

I bought a 4-pack of Evian bottles of 750ml each when they were on offer in Tesco. I refill them at the beginning of every day and work my way through them daily, making for a total of at least 3 litres of water. I also use them to cool down my black tea a bit ;).

Soon2bslimmer x

I have a jug with a lid that I fill up to 2 litres and monitor my intake that way. I don't count coffee, but if I have a bottle of water whilst at work I'll mentally deduct that from the jug, although most times I just view it as an extra and have the jug full as well.

Back