How do you like the Slimming World app on Smart Phones?

Bossman1959

I love the SW app on my iPhone when I am food shopping. It's got a great item that searches 'Syns Online' and displays the syn values for all plans. You can then save it into a shopping list or favourites. I presume it's available on Android phones too but not checked.

Bossman

I love the SW app on my iPhone when I am food shopping. It's got a great item that searches 'Syns Online' and displays the syn values for all plans. You can then save it into a shopping list or favourites. I presume it's available on Android phones too but not checked.

Bossman

My phone is an Android phone and I use this app all the time, mostly when I am walking around a supermarket and spot something I'd like to try but don't know the syns. There is nothing worse than buying something you think will be low syn only to get home and find it isn't.

It's free so I would recommend this to anyone with a smart phone

I think its a good app and that you can be pretty broad with your searches and still get a good result. There could be more included on it though. But its good overall especially as its free :)

I have been wondering what I would like to see on it if I asked for improvements to be made. I think the first one would be inclusion of the SW syns calculator for food that was not in the database. What items would you like to see added?

Bossman

I'd like the app to come out for Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 800 to be precise).... it's a great little phone. Although I can always just access the website when I join from my phone :)

I'd like the app to come out for Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 800 to be precise).... it's a great little phone. Although I can always just access the website when I join from my phone :)

I would like to see the app on all major platforms including your own.

Bossman

I love it, very handy for checking when you are doing the shopping. x

I noticed on the website that SW are testing a brand new major change to the Smart Phone app. Some people are being asked to test it in readiness for release.

I am looking forward to improvements and hope it includes a diary. Anyone on here been asked to test it?

Bossman

I think its great for syns but def needs some extra features like healthy extra's and maybe a food diary

Oh and I also don't like how when you change what plan your doing it changes it for every day and not just the one your on

i must go download this app, didnt even know it exsisted

At the moment all it does is give you access to syns online but I admit that can prove invaluable when shopping as its so easy to get caught out with products we thought were low syn.

Still, further enhancements would be more than welcome.

Bossman

I think its great for syns but def needs some extra features like healthy extra's and maybe a food diary

Oh and I also don't like how when you change what plan your doing it changes it for every day and not just the one your on

Hi Donna, slightly puzzled by the issue you raised with regard to changing plan. Are you referring to the mobile app or the website? The website doesn't give me a problem like you mention and the app only shows information when you search.

Bossman

I noticed on the website that SW are testing a brand new major change to the Smart Phone app. Some people are being asked to test it in readiness for release.

I am looking forward to improvements and hope it includes a diary. Anyone on here been asked to test it?

Bossman

Nope...I would have liked to give some feedbacl cos i use the app on my android tablet and on the iphone.
Major changes are needed to the app cos the only useful thing on it at the moment is syns list

Hi Donna, slightly puzzled by the issue you raised with regard to changing plan. Are you referring to the mobile app or the website? The website doesn't give me a problem like you mention and the app only shows information when you search.

Bossman

I have the android app and I used to use it to keep track of the syns I used,

It has the option of adding syns, you can only edit the day your on though, but I found if I did green one day and then the following day did red it would change all the days I had saved to red rather then what they were. It isn't a major issue to me to be honest as I only use syns on things which tend to be the same on each plan anyway (except for sausages on ee and red) but it was more of an annoyance.

A barcode scanner for syns would be amazing

I have the android app and I used to use it to keep track of the syns I used,

It has the option of adding syns, you can only edit the day your on though, but I found if I did green one day and then the following day did red it would change all the days I had saved to red rather then what they were. It isn't a major issue to me to be honest as I only use syns on things which tend to be the same on each plan anyway (except for sausages on ee and red) but it was more of an annoyance.

A barcode scanner for syns would be amazing

I use the iPhone app and the only useful function is the ability to give syns for specific items. The web site of course has loads more and I would love the app to have a food diary. I also agree with you that a barcode scanner would be a boon.

Bossman

Back