So I'm new here...

Hi guys

I'm Becky, I'm 24 and I'm from the UK. I started with Slimming World back in October with a friend of mine who dropped out after around 3 weeks; I think this is the reason I'm struggling. Combine that with Christmas and well, that's why I'm here.

I've been coming to the forum from Google searches for syn values, tips etc for a while but decided after devouring half of my chocolate orange that I needed the support from other people again to get back on track.

I have around 2 stone to lose - which probably doesn't seem that much to some but it's a massive challenge to me. I bought a slimming world journal to record all the food I eat and it went well to start with, but I find that if I have something I shouldn't, it just doesn't get written down. I also tried posting everything I eat on instagram, but forgot to take pictures more than I remembered to. I'm someone who likes to keep records and keep track of my progress, so I've downloaded squiddie's Slimming World Record spreadsheet and have logged all of my weigh-ins up to now. This looks really good for ongoing record keeping but I don't know how to stay strict with myself daily!

So, that's me - I've rambled on a bit, apologies. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi!
Yes it's funny, I tend to "forget" to write down the naughty stuff, funny how he scales don't forget though, eh!?

You do need to be honest with yourself though and face the bad - im great at not going to weigh-in because I know it'll be a gain and that's me completely off track.

Have you tried logging your weigh in as a way that you can clearly see how you've done/how you're doing?! Rather than it just being written?! Like a graph?
I'm also finding a "pixel a day" chart really helpful at the moment (I've posted about it in the SW section of the forum) because I can clearly see how I've done, and one bad day isn't then just written off.

I'm really bad at being motivated lately so am also reaching out for help!
Good luck on your journey :)

I#m really going to be honest with myself now and stick to it - weigh in was tonight and I lost half a pound (who knows how!!), I'm seeing that as the line drawn under the festive eating haha.

The pixel a day looks so good, I'm getting right on it :)

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Back