How do you weigh out different portions

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Brightonrosie, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi is anyone on here on WW but cooks for others in the family at the same time. For example if i wanted to make a stew and wieghed out meat and potatoes etc first how do you divide up the portions because even if you weighed the total and divided it , the portions still aren't accurate because one portion may be weighing less as it had less carrots in but more meat if you see what i mean. Argggghhh what is the best way to do this? Do i really need to cook two meals? What do others do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. waterford

waterford Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Yep I would weigh the meat seperately & then the potatoes. That is what I did today.

4. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I kind of "guesstimate" mine I have to admit. I weigh it out first (raw weight) to get an idea of the amount of meat and potatos I can have and then when it comes to dishing up I just make sure my other half gets more than I do and that I get a portion resembling what I weighed out to start with... works for me

5. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I cook for myself and 3 other people (mum, dad, OH) nearly every night of the week and we all eat the same thing with the same portions. I always cooked before ww, so it wouldn't change now - but the idea of trying to sort diff portions once it's all cooked sounds likes nightmare.

Because of the healthier spin I'm putting on the food I'm not eating a high amount of points in the evening just because everyone is having the same. Just making everyone else in the house eat healthily.

Of course it means I have to make sure I don't binge out during the day - otherwise I don't have enough points for dinner. I get 20 discover points a day and dinner is somewhere between 6 and 8.

6. Veggie Dieter

Veggie Dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.45%)
    Diet:
    SW green only
    I also just divide the points out - if the whole meal say shep pie was 10 between 2 I would count it as 10 and then weigh any other things on the plate if that makes sence.

7. Indi

Indi Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(8.95%)
    Depending on what im having I either:

Weigh the total before and work out the points and roughly estimate more many points they are.

I will weigh it when it is cooked using my WW scales where I can weigh them once they're cooked =3

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.