Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you weigh out different portions

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Brightonrosie, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi is anyone on here on WW but cooks for others in the family at the same time. For example if i wanted to make a stew and wieghed out meat and potatoes etc first how do you divide up the portions because even if you weighed the total and divided it , the portions still aren't accurate because one portion may be weighing less as it had less carrots in but more meat if you see what i mean. Argggghhh what is the best way to do this? Do i really need to cook two meals? What do others do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. waterford

waterford Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Yep I would weigh the meat seperately & then the potatoes. That is what I did today.

4. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I kind of "guesstimate" mine I have to admit. I weigh it out first (raw weight) to get an idea of the amount of meat and potatos I can have and then when it comes to dishing up I just make sure my other half gets more than I do and that I get a portion resembling what I weighed out to start with... works for me

5. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I cook for myself and 3 other people (mum, dad, OH) nearly every night of the week and we all eat the same thing with the same portions. I always cooked before ww, so it wouldn't change now - but the idea of trying to sort diff portions once it's all cooked sounds likes nightmare.

Because of the healthier spin I'm putting on the food I'm not eating a high amount of points in the evening just because everyone is having the same. Just making everyone else in the house eat healthily.

Of course it means I have to make sure I don't binge out during the day - otherwise I don't have enough points for dinner. I get 20 discover points a day and dinner is somewhere between 6 and 8.

6. Veggie Dieter

Veggie Dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.45%)
    Diet:
    SW green only
    I also just divide the points out - if the whole meal say shep pie was 10 between 2 I would count it as 10 and then weigh any other things on the plate if that makes sence.

7. Indi

Indi Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(8.95%)
    Depending on what im having I either:

Weigh the total before and work out the points and roughly estimate more many points they are.

I will weigh it when it is cooked using my WW scales where I can weigh them once they're cooked =3

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.