How does extra easy work? I cant see how you can lose weight eating all that food

my understanding is that you have to have at least 1/3 of your plate full of super free foods, 1/3 for carbs(potato rice etc) and 1/3 for meat(chicken etc) and only one hex a and one hex b.

my understanding is that you have to have at least 1/3 of your plate full of super free foods, 1/3 for carbs(potato rice etc) and 1/3 for meat(chicken etc) and only one hex a and one hex b.

Thats not strictly true - one third superfree but the other two thirds can be whatever you want - red foods, green foods, syns, healthy extras or even more superfree if you want it.

EE is basically just healthy eating so there is really no reason why it should not work unless you get the balance of your foods wrong or eat when you are not hungry. Its not really true that you can eat unlimited amounts of anything (except perhaps superfree). The recommendation for a third superfree helps to limit the amount of free foods you eat so there is portion control. You also need to listen to your body and only eat until satisfied rather than until stuffed. And some common sense is needed to - mullerlight yghurts are syn free but if I were to eat 10 a day i wouldn't lose as thats 1000 calories just in snacks! Someone on here used a good analogy the other day - its rather like your mobile phone contract - you get unlimited internet but there is a fair usage policy that in practice restricts how much you use. So basically follow all the SW recommendations and you shouldn't have a problem :)

Thats not strictly true - one third superfree but the other two thirds can be whatever you want - red foods, green foods, syns, healthy extras or even more superfree if you want it.
oooooooooh:eek: i didnt realise that, love mini mins, learn something new all the time =] ty:)

Espcially eating unlimited simple carbs such as white rice and pasta!

It does work, if you follow the rules. Those high carb foods you mention are full to over flowing with calories, but they also fill you up quickly and for a long time. As long as you third superfree and only eat until you feel full its ok.

If you hit a brick wall in weight loss, or you only have small amounts to lose, eating those in high amounts will cause issues.

White rice and pasta are actually LOW in calories!

It's the sauces and high fat cheese and cooking with oil that make them calorific, and if you change what you add to them and how you cook them, you won't be adding unnecessary calories. xx

White rice and pasta are actually LOW in calories!

It's the sauces and high fat cheese and cooking with oil that make them calorific, and if you change what you add to them and how you cook them, you won't be adding unnecessary calories. xx

Low?

How would you define low?

A 100g of white rice has about the same number of calories as 100g of sugar.

Espcially eating unlimited simple carbs such as white rice and pasta!

It DOES work - the members on Minimins are proof of that. Do you really think SW would spend £££ designing and marketing a weight loss programme that was ineffective? And as others have said, 'free' does not mean completely unlimited. You eat until you are satisfied and then stop. If you stuff yourself to the gills with pasta and rice every day then of course you will struggle to lose weight. If you feel uncomfortable with the idea of white rice or pasta then eat wholemeal instead or don't have it at all. You don't *have* to eat rice and pasta if you'd prefer not to - personally I don't eat much pasta and rice. The beauty of SW is its flexibility.

Cooked white rice 100g 114 cals
Sugar 100g 389cals

So where would you eat 100g sugar?

Cooked white rice 100g 114 cals
Sugar 100g 389cals

So where would you eat 100g sugar?
I think she was referring to 100gm of uncooked rice which is around 370 calories (not that I could ever eat 100gms rice, pasta maybe but not rice)

I think she was referring to 100gm of uncooked rice which is around 370 calories (not that I could ever eat 100gms rice, pasta maybe but not rice)

Quite. By no definition could rice be considered generally low in calories. It simply isnt, neither are noodles or pasta. They are free not because of the calories, but because they absorb lots of water and give you the sensation of feeling full when you eat them, and that fullness lasts quite a while.

I always say, why question why something works when it obviously does. Just stick to the plan, trust the SW boffins and lose weight, simples ;) x

Back