How hard is it to get back on after a night off?

Irulan said:
I am having my 5th year anniversary in 3 weeks and I am not looking forward to spending that just at home with steamed tofu. Would like to go out to eat and I am certain that will include carbs. I will get out of ketosis, but what would the damage be like? Is it like a whole week lost?

Anyone done it and have some idea's or tips?

Could you not go out and have a low carb/high protein meal, thus reducing your chances of coming out of ketosis? Like a nice piece of steak and salad/veg. Plenty of us manage to eat out and stay on plan :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I recently went on a 3 day stag do where I hate and drank all weekend, on Monday I was back on it with very few ill effects (apart from a bit of a dodgy tummy!)

I am a very strict vegetarian so my options in eating on SS+ are limited as it is and I highly doubt I can find a decent place to eat where they can outdo what I can do at home :). No point in eating out then in my opinion if I can make the tofu at home. I would try to stick to one meal and I am pretty sure something simple will fill me up.

We are thinking of eating at an Indian veggie place so there will be carbs and lots of temptation.

I had a fair few planned nights off and the worse case scenario was a sts in the weigh in and just feeling abit weak and headachey the day after getting back into it.... My advice do it enjoy it forget about it!!!! :)

If you are going to go off plan enjoy it and don't feel guilty. Since starting I have had two separate days right off SS where I ate carbs. It is hard to get back into because you feel very hungry and thirsty like you did at the start, I've even felt a bit hungover (when I hadn't had any alcohol). But be strong and keep drinking lots of water, and you should still see a loss. You will only lose a whole week if you take a whole week off. One meal shouldn't matter, you just have to get right back on plan the next day.

I've had so many nights out and cheats it's unreal! It's hard to get back into it, but in my humble opinion, day 1 of getting back on it is hardest, after that it was smooth sailing! Good luck and enjoy your night out, If we don't make some allowances for fun things we want to do we'll never stick to the plan! That's what I think anyway! Don't want to put my whole life on hold or I'll just start to resent the plan and eventually fail xx

Like others have said I'd go out and enjoy yourself it's your anniversary after all.. I don't know if u saw one of my threads a couple week ago about going out for tea? Well had a look online at the pub we was going to, to see menu choices thought would stick with chicken n veg bu ended up having a steak sandwich with herb fries ate the lot.. Next morning got weighed and still lost 2lb and I can definitely say I enjoyed every mouthful but was right back on plan the next day.. Be good all week up til night out n then next morning back on it :)

Go for it and enjoy it.I have 2 holidays coming up back to back so will b off plan for nearly 2 weeks and i will b eating and drinking what everyone else is so expecting a gain but i am planning to enjoy it. I will get back on plan but as chrissy says u cant put ur life on hold. Dont get me wrong i have stuck to the plan at other social events but this has been planned since b4 i started so going to go for it and enjoy. Will hopefully loose what i gain in 2 weeks so its fine. U go for it and enjoy :)

Back