How IMPORTANT????

Jellybabie

Silver Member
Hi
When i started out on my 2nd LL journey i decided that i really had to do maintenence this time round. I still have a few weeks of abstinence left but am very keen to start excercising and toning up at the gym but my brother reckons i need to be eating a healthy balanced diet in order to get the full benefits of it. (he is really into nutrition and healthy eating)
He thinks i will need to be eating good amounts of healthy carbs for energy and good protein to maintain and build muscle. I really feel like when i do start eating, i am NEVER going back to my old ways and am so looking forward to eating healthy nutritious food, but please help me, when i hyave reached my goal weight, how important is it to do maintenence? I dont want to have to wait months before embarking on my new fitness programme:eek:

I always recommend toning, stretching, pilates, yoga, walking and gentle exercise when on sole source. Once you are taking in a decent amount of carb then absolutely start doing more cardio based exercise.

Chat this over with your LL counsellor and also your GP for best advice.

Ta

Mike

Thanks Icemoose.
My brother refers to LL as the "skinny and saggy diet"........he says he can see my arms which are developing bingo wings! (cheeky sod that he is! lol) but i know what he means! I will speak to my LLC, i am scared that i end up doing what i did last time i came off LL if i dont do maintenence. But you reckon that toning exercises should be fine on TFR then?? If thats the case i may well do that, then once eating build up on cardio. Thanks Mike.

I definately see loose skin as a sign of success on the diet :) To get loose skin you must have done really well :)

Hi Jelly,
I agree with Mike.

I walked alot during abstinence sometimes 2 hours a day, I just listened to my body its quick enough to tell you when you are over doing it. Thankfully I never failt faint or tired, I have had tons of energy from day 3 till now and that been six months.

Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Hi Jelly - I would never consider for one second not going ALL the way through maintenance. Ever. That, is the most vital peice of this whole diet. I think. Those I have met that are doing LL more then once, are always those that skipped maintenance. Everyone I know, while it is only 3 - but still - they all did RTM - and they have all maintained, from 3 years upwards.

Don't sell yourself short hon - you are doing all this hard work - see it through and put yourself in good stead for your future, your dream.

All the women that skipped RTM also envisioned themselves eating healthy and "never going back"......but they did.....becausee they still lacked all the tools. There is a lot to learn still in RTM. ;)

We all have the best intentions - but you are making a substantial investment both financially and mentally/physically in this diet. Don't throw it away. And then maybe one day be doing this for a third time.

All the goodness and rewards will come. And will be well deserved.

Thats my 374,829 penneth worth. :)

HEre is an analagy that comes to mind-

Imagine paying a lot of money to have your hair highlighted....but you told the stylist only highlight it halfway down the length, because I am longing to cut my hair short.

Cut your hair first. Then highlight it. ;)

Hi Jelly - I would never consider for one second not going ALL the way through maintenance. Ever. That, is the most vital peice of this whole diet. I think.

Oh...I soooo agree

I also agree but also remember it is after the refeed that you need to have a good realistic plan for the future.

Just because you do maintenance well doesn't mean you can't wander back to your old ways, therefore the plan for the future is the key to long term slimness :)

M.

I also agree but also remember it is after the refeed that you need to have a good realistic plan for the future.

Just because you do maintenance well doesn't mean you can't wander back to your old ways, therefore the plan for the future is the key to long term slimness :)

M.

Agree with that too :D

M.

Well of course not....I didn;t meant that! ;) But as far as completing the program 100% or not - that was what I was talking to.

Its a lifetime of change and ongoign work as far as I can see. FOr me anyway. :)

I completely agree with all that was said here. I think you need to go through RTM to pick up the tools which will help you adopt a healthy lifestyle... they really do go hand in hand :)

Hi Jelly,
Hope you don't mind me adding me thoughts. I did the entire programme, including RtM and as you can see from my ticker, am maintaining under my target weight. In fact it's lower than the ticker shows, as I will only update my ticker when I go over a BMI of 21.7.
Basically, I think RtM is the absolute key to the programme. I've said before that it is where you put what you learned in abstinence into practise. Please consider RtM really carefully - it's cheaper than abstinence and you can exercise more as your calories increase over the weeks. I still go to my RtM group every two weeks and have amazing support from my counsellor. I also love encouraging those who are just embarking on the path to healthy eating for life. I think they like meeting people like me too!
I've maintained successfully for 6 months now and am so so proud of myself. I've never maintained at a healthy weight in my ENTIRE LIFE!
In a nutshell my opinion is: do it!
Best of luck,
Linze

Hi Jelly,
Hope you don't mind me adding me thoughts. I did the entire programme, including RtM and as you can see from my ticker, am maintaining under my target weight. In fact it's lower than the ticker shows, as I will only update my ticker when I go over a BMI of 21.7.
Basically, I think RtM is the absolute key to the programme. I've said before that it is where you put what you learned in abstinence into practise. Please consider RtM really carefully - it's cheaper than abstinence and you can exercise more as your calories increase over the weeks. I still go to my RtM group every two weeks and have amazing support from my counsellor. I also love encouraging those who are just embarking on the path to healthy eating for life. I think they like meeting people like me too!
I've maintained successfully for 6 months now and am so so proud of myself. I've never maintained at a healthy weight in my ENTIRE LIFE!
In a nutshell my opinion is: do it!
Best of luck,
Linze

Linze,

You are inspirational. Thanks.

MinnieMel

Hey Linz! Yhanks so much!
I have definately decided now to do RTM, i know its the right thing to do and i am definately not wanting my old ways to creep back into my life, so RTM is the way to go! Thanks for everyones encouragement, maybe the voices where trying to trick me onto the "healthy eating path" again! lol....banish those voices!!!

Back